Sascha Gluck - AmAzing ++ PHOTOS galore

We originally decided on having a dw b/c we didn't have the funds to have a really big wedding here at home and invite all of our 200+ family and friends. With that being said, and I'm horribly ashamed to admit this, I convinced my wonderfully cheap-o hubby into hiring a photographer for our wedding... and Sascha was the ONLY photographer that we could afford at the time. Seriously, his prices our unbelievably low and the quality of work the he does far surpasses most other photographers that I have found on this site.

Sascha and Lars were great to work with the whole time!

Sascha came to my room a bit early to get started and I was the only person in my room at the time. He has this quiet and calm demeanor to his personality which I really enjoyed and he made me feel very comfortable with myself the whole time. Lars, his assistant, when to hubby's room and his photos are just as good as Sascha's, which kinda surprised me. They were BOTH superb to work with! Although both are very soft spoken and calm, they have so much energy that I don't think I could keep up with them if I tired!

They took tons and tons and tons of photos... I don't even want to know how many Sacha alone took by the time be left my room! My dad was just in awe of him when we walked into the room b/c he was everywhere, and taking pics of everything, but he was never once in the way  just like a good photographer should be.

When Sascha left my room to go to the ceremony site he told me not to pay attention to him and what he was doing during the ceremony, but it was a little hard b/c he was rolling around in the sand and just all over the dang place. We had set up a tri-pod to video our wedding and as we watched the video when we got home, it was more fun to watch him and Lars then it was to watch the actual ceremony lol!

After the ceremony we had tequila shots on the beach and then a cocktail hour for all of our guests while hubby and I took more photos. Maybe we were just in the heat of the moment, but we were really thinking that it would be a nice casual, laid back deal where you go stroll around and take some photos as newlyweds… Sascha was hard as heck to keep up with! We would be walking along and heâ€d say “you like that tree? Go over by that treeâ€, “oh thatâ€s beautiful, go over thereâ€, “lay down right hereâ€, “come on now, not much timeâ€. He was so much fun but I was really glad that I wasnâ€t wearing ridiculous heels the whole time!

After the hour passed we joined everyone else for our reception. Sascha stayed for our first dance, and Iâ€m really glad that he did b/c we could never capture that moment again if it wasnâ€t for him.

Now for the really embarrassing part… Before we had left for Mexico, a lot of stuff had gone wrong very quickly. Dh had started a new job, he was out of town, and they werenâ€t going to let him come home for his flight to our wedding (heâ€s not at the job anymore fyi), my mom lost her job the day before we left and was telling me that she wasnâ€t going to come, and my sil still hadnâ€t gotten her passport in the mail. With all that being said, I forgot to get enough money out of the bank to pay Sascha. So at the end of the night, when he was kinda looking at me like “okay, how are you going to pay meâ€, I was like “oh sh*t I donâ€t have any cashâ€, and we looked like total scum balls to this awesome man. He was really cool about it, he didnâ€t destroy the mood of the night or anything, but he suggested that we use paypal, which is of course how we sent our deposit to him. Sending Sascha my deposit was the one and only time that I had ever used paypal before that and I never confirmed my bank account. Therefore, I needed my bank account # and routing #, which of course I didnâ€t have b/c I didnâ€t bring any checks with me to Mexico… apparently nobody but my crazy mil brought checks to Mexico with them. Sascha was so super, super cool about the whole thing, and he kept trying to tell me, donâ€t worry about it just send me the money via paypal when you get home, and that he didnâ€t want it to ruin my night. We were pretty insistent about wanting to pay him, b/c of course we didnâ€t want him to think that weâ€re complete jackasses, and finally got my mil bank account to work on paypal. To this day I feel awful, and I am scared to death that the man thinks were loserâ€s and that we were trying to scam him over.

Sascha and Lars are fantastic people. The stories that these two can tell you and the adventures that they have been on are amazing. They have been everywhere and done everything, and I just think that is so super cool. I would highly recommend him to anyone who asked, and itâ€s not just for the prices, because at his rate, itâ€s a steal.

just daddy and me

Click the image to open in full size.

my shoes!

dh's gpa's ring that I had sized and given to him as a surprise. Sascha did a great job in capturing the importance of this, these are his gparents initials

my gmothers ring

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic