Travelling with Cake Knife Sets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chantalemarcel

• 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Ok this may be a silly question, but has anyone ever heard of someone or had the experience of being stopped at customs due to a cake cutting set. We purchased a beach themed one to match our wedding cake topper, but the last thing I want is to be held up at customs, with charges due to transporting knives of some sort lol.

Like I said, silly question, but I am curious to know.

#2 Leigh17

• 339 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

It's doubtful that customs will even search your bags, but I don't think it's a problem as long as it's in your checked luggage. I wrapped my set in bubble wrap & put it in my checked luggage & it was fine. One person in my group of 18 that traveled together got stopped by the red light at customs, but the whole search took less than a minute. They lifted up a few things & that was it & they sent them on their way.

#3 chantalemarcel

• 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. I did look into it of course with my travel agent as I was worried I could not bring it, and I absolutely love the set I picked out. He assured me as long as it was in my checked luggage I would be ok :)

#4 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

I agree with what was said. I had ours in my checked bag, in it's original box and it was fine! :)
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users