Photo

Anyone getting married June-August and concerned about heat?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 uhleesa

uhleesa
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hey Ladies,
    I'm planning on getting married next August 2011, but I'm starting to wonder if August is a good month to get married. From what I've been reading online, June through August are the hottest months of the year. Do you think it will be unbearably hot for my guests? Or too hot to enjoy excursions on our honeymoon after?

Our only other option would be to get married sometime in October, but I have family and friends who are in school and it would be inconvenient for them to take time off.

Anyways, it'd be nice to hear what you ladies are planning on doing, as well as your thoughts on the heat and weather around Cancun. Are you planning on having an indoor or outdoor ceremony/reception?

#2 johnnmakenzie11

johnnmakenzie11
    • 157 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

It can be really hot in Mexico in the summer but for me it was the most convienent time and so im just going to remind people to stay hidrated and plan most of my events in the evening. alot of excursions involve water and the ocean so i think you should be okay, but im from Texas so im also just kind of used to it!
      Makenzie

#3 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

It is going to be very hot...but it depends on your guests. Some don't mind the extreme heat others do.

I don't like extreme heat....so I chose to go in Feb. It's still warm enough to enjoy but not scorching hot.

#4 jennster_04

jennster_04
        • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

im getting married in mexico in august, the heat is the least of my worries.. i cant sleep at night thinking itll rain the entire time as it is there hurrican season
          Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#5 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
          • Banned
          • 2,710 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:09 AM

We are thinking of changing our date from April to August in Mexico (for various personal reasons) and I am VERY concerned about the heat... I have been reading up about it online and it says it isn't too much different than April but I'm skeptical...

And I'm with you Jennster- the hurricane thing freaks me out too- my FH is from South Florida and they are used to this hurricane thing but that would ruin everything for me

#6 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
            • 528 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:12 AM

I would suggest having an inside reception as it can be very hot around that time.

#7 MarieSam

MarieSam
              • VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts
                • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:36 AM

I've been to Cancun/Riviera Maya in June, July and August. I can tell you, it always felt the same to me ... hot. But you are in a tropical paradise and heat will always be a factor The wonderful thing about hot weather in the Yucatan is that there are tons of beautiful beaches nearby, there's always a refreshing pool to jump into and of course man's best friend ... AC!!!

I got married in Akumal in June of 2010. It was hot, but my guests didn't complain a bit ~ they were all just grateful to be somewhere so beautiful and of course to be part of something special

I say stick with your date. You're in a tropical paradise and just remind everyone to keep hydrated!!!!

#8 buehler.allison

buehler.allison
                • 99 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

My dad keeps telling me that when you're that close to the equator, it's hot no matter what time of year it is. If the seasons are distinct - it isn't by very much at all. I've been watching the weather forecast for playa del carmen because we are getting married there during the first week of August (so soon!!!) and it has been highs of 75. I'm sure it is very humid though...

We are going to try and beat the heat by having a late ceremony... but I worry that 6pm isn't late enough...

We will see first hand soon enough!!!

#9 jennster_04

jennster_04
                  • 176 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:28 AM

I am also getting married the first week of August! but in the mayan riviera!! We are getting married at 4 pm because the sunsets by 530 we were told so we wanted to have pictures while the sun is out :)
                    Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#10 Pinky

Pinky
                    • 134 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

We've been to the area several different timeframes, the biggest difference is the amount of humidity during the summer months (even in May). November-March is much more comfortable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users