Jump to content

Photo

Necklaces for my BM's


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

    Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

    I posted a thread awhile back asking you all to vote on the necklace I should pick for my BM's. Click the image to open in full size.

    They are waaaaay nicer in person and really great quality. I got them off ebay and the seller's name is *pafasus*

    I only have 1 complaint, they come in these cute little boxes and pouches, but those boxes and pouches say Tiffany & Co. on them. They came from Hong Kong, so I know they are not from Tiffany's. I have no idea what to do about that cause it looks so cute altogether, but I do not want my BM's to think they are actually from Tiffany's, cause they are not. So, I have to figure out what to do. Someone, I can't remember who, acutally asked if they were Tiffany knockoffs in the other post and I said no they were not. Well, they knew something I did not, cause that is apparently what they are.

    They are great quality and the chains are soo nice, I thought I was going to have to buy new ones, so that is great. But now I think I have to buy something to put them in.

    I do love them though and reccomend them. They only took about 10 days to get to me.

    #2 starchild

    starchild

      Moderator

    • Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

      Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

      Those are really cute. Why not just take them out of the fake Tiffany packaging and wrap them up really pretty?

      #3 Spazz

      Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

        Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

        I would definitely take them out of the Tiffany's boxes and buy new generic ones, so they don't think the one they have is real. I did the same thing for my mom last Christmas, I bought the eternal circle necklace on ebay that was "Tiffanys" and then put it in another box. BTW - they are really nice, I love them!

        #4 JulieG

        JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

          Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

          I am going to repackage them for sure. I do not want them to think I got them at Tiffany's and be dissapointed. My FH sees nothing wrong with leaving them in the package they are in. Men do not get it. I will figure something out and maybe give them the little bag later, because its soo cute.

          #5 ThompsonFrump

          ThompsonFrump
          • Newbie
          • 22 posts

            Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

            Is there a % of total budget that one should spend on BM's gifts?

            #6 JulieG

            JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

              Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ThompsonFrump
              Is there a % of total budget that one should spend on BM's gifts?
              I have no idea. These were cheap, $10 each, and I am getting a bunch of other things as well. I bought them purses that match their dresses and beach bags to use for the week. That is all so far though.

              #7 starchild

              starchild

                Moderator

              • Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

                Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ThompsonFrump
                Is there a % of total budget that one should spend on BM's gifts?
                Not that I know of, it just depends what you can/want to do. I had 6 to shop for so I couldn't get them all $200 gifts. I made them cool shirts and got them jewelry...one dropped off so I had an extra gift for me...lol

                #8 amyh

                amyh

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

                  Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

                  I honestly wouldn't care if you gave them to me in the box.. We go to downtown LA and buy knock-off's over everything, lol. I think as long as your honest, it should be okay, unless you have BM's who are really into name brands and would be offended if you gave it to them in the box.

                  I think they are cute, leave them as is :)

                  #9 foxytv

                  foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

                    Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Julesr
                    I posted a thread awhile back asking you all to vote on the necklace I should pick for my BM's. Click the image to open in full size.

                    They are waaaaay nicer in person and really great quality. I got them off ebay and the seller's name is *pafasus*

                    I only have 1 complaint, they come in these cute little boxes and pouches, but those boxes and pouches say Tiffany & Co. on them. They came from Hong Kong, so I know they are not from Tiffany's. I have no idea what to do about that cause it looks so cute altogether, but I do not want my BM's to think they are actually from Tiffany's, cause they are not. So, I have to figure out what to do. Someone, I can't remember who, acutally asked if they were Tiffany knockoffs in the other post and I said no they were not. Well, they knew something I did not, cause that is apparently what they are.

                    They are great quality and the chains are soo nice, I thought I was going to have to buy new ones, so that is great. But now I think I have to buy something to put them in.

                    I do love them though and reccomend them. They only took about 10 days to get to me.
                    I got these VERY same necklaces, but mine have a black cord (which I know isn't something Tiffany's has) ... and they too, came in the Tifany Box w/ the care card and everything. I am going to give 2 of these to BM's (b/c I am trying to personalize the gifts) but I think I will tell them they are NOT Tiffany's ... (they know I'm a huge eBay fan.) ... although since I have never gotten anything from Tiffany's, I thought maybe it was when I opened the package. Too good to be true for $4.99 each.

                    Do yours have "T&Co. 925" engraved on the back too?

                    #10 JulieG

                    JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

                      Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:03 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by foxytv
                      I got these VERY same necklaces, but mine have a black cord (which I know isn't something Tiffany's has) ... and they too, came in the Tifany Box w/ the care card and everything. I am going to give 2 of these to BM's (b/c I am trying to personalize the gifts) but I think I will tell them they are NOT Tiffany's ... (they know I'm a huge eBay fan.) ... although since I have never gotten anything from Tiffany's, I thought maybe it was when I opened the package. Too good to be true for $4.99 each.

                      Do yours have "T&Co. 925" engraved on the back too?
                      They do not have T & Co on the back, just the 925.

                      I know none of my girls would be offended if I left them in the bag and box and just said they were not really from Tiffany's and I got them on ebay. I will just have to outright say that as they open them.

                      What does everyone think? Should I get a new box/bag?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users