Photo

Blue Tulum is closing! Have to find a new venue :(

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 hoyt75

hoyt75
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

oh NOoooOOoooO! That is terrible news thankfullly they told you almost a year in advance and not a few weeks in advance. Can you go back and reconsider some of your other options as a venue and resort? Atlest then you don't really have to start from scratch...

What a bummer dude!

#12 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

bummer, we really liked that place.

well, positive thing is...better to have your wedding far away from a "clothing optional" place..., if that kind of thing doesnt jive well with the moms and pops...

I am confident that things happen for a reason and thanks to this awesome resource, BDWF will help you. I *MIGHT* recommend you hire a planner too, just to take some stress off.

Good luck with everything....

mateo

#13 MrsJones2Be

MrsJones2Be
      • 311 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

I am so sorry to hear about this. I pray that you find something even better!
        MRS JONES 2 BE!

#14 msglave

msglave
        • 933 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm really sorry that this is happening to you. Hopefully you will get all of your money back. It doesn't make up for your time though. Just pray and trust in God that everything will turn out even better!
          The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
          Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
          www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#15 Kristine624

Kristine624
          • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

we have emailed a travel agent recommended by the BDW forum, hoping they can help. with work being so crazy for the two of us, we don't the luxury of time to do much planning! hopefully, that will help us out. our photographer is amazing and will come anywhere, we just need to make sure that he is available in case we need to look to a new date. we are lucky that we have a good amount of time. i cannot IMAGINE being a bride who was supposed to get married there this fall. ugh!

#16 Umami

Umami
            • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

I'm glad you posted and a few other ladies have on tripadvisor as well. Blue Tulum was on our list until we ran across this, and I couldn't make reservations for it.

#17 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
              • 376 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

That completely sucks! I'm sure you'll find a place that makes you even happier... hope it wont be too hard to do! Unnecessary stress, grrr.... big hugs to you.

#18 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
                • Vendor
                • 278 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

Oh my goodness, what a terrible surprise to have. I am so sorry to hear that. This should have been an ideal location for DWs, its really too bad it has not worked that way, what a disappointment for you. I am very glad to hear that you have someone working on a finding new location so quickly, you do have a lot of time but May in particular is the very busiest month in that area and I am sure the venues will fill quickly so its good you are moving quickly.

#19 AchiCAp0547

AchiCAp0547
                  • 112 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hi,
                    I'm SO sorry to hear that, wow.

I just got married at Dreams Tulum- it was fantastic... wouldn't have changed a thing (well it rained, but I can't help that!). That might be a good option!!

=) good luck... xo

#20 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
                    • 456 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

I'm beyond sorry to hear this and understand your frustration and disapointment. I totally agree with the other girls....think good mojo and YOU WILL find someplace even better to meet you needs and criteria! Best of luck to you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users