Photo

Blue Tulum is closing! Have to find a new venue :(

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kristine624

Kristine624
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

My fiance and I had put down our deposit for our May 2011 at Blue Tulum Resort & Spa. We were so excited and ready to go - STDs printed, dress and shoes purchased, bridesmaids gowns purchased, deposit on photographer, etc. Then, we were checking in with our wedding planner and she emailed us back saying that she had "news" - turns out, The Blue Tulum was sold and is closing down for the year, opening next year as a hotel that is clothing-optional and caters only to gays/lesbians. They told us that we could have our wedding at The Great Parnassus in Cancun (they bought out the hotel and the management is handling all wedding transfers) or could get our deposit back. I definitely don't want to stick with this management and so we are starting our search all over again, but I am fighting against them to pay us back for the deposit, STDs and photographer. So upset! Literally, 6 months of planning is down the drain and we have to start from scratch. We have put so many time, money and energy into this already....

#2 mlabbe

mlabbe
    • 784 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

That really sucks! I remember when I was looking at hotels I came across this and scratched them off my list - if you do online searches you might find older info on this. Maybe if you can prove that they knew all along (i.e. before taking your deposit) you can get more out of it. I swear I heard about this like well over 6 months ago.

Good luck finding a new venue, I'm sure that there's something great out there for you!

#3 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

I'm so sorry to hear it. There are a lot of great options. At least you're now bound to have a venue with a beach. :)

#4 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
        • 271 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

Man, that's super crappy. I bet the next place you find is going to be even better! Good luck!

#5 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
          • 168 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

That really sucks!! I'm sorry to hear that. I know that was a major blow!

#6 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
            • 1,541 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

That sucks... But I'm sure the next place you decide on with be extra fabulous and you will find it's better than Blue Tulum to begin with. Good luck with getting more out of them..I couldn't imagine dealing with that.
              Married the love of my life in April!!

#7 Kristine624

Kristine624
              • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

thanks everyone! we are just trying to move on and stay focused. just so nervous that it will happen again with the next hotel

#8 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

Wow that had to be such a shock! at least you found out with plenty of time and not 4 weeks before your wedding or something awful like that.

What are you guys looking for? Are you still looking to stay in Tulum? The photographer you hired will they not go to your new location?
                  The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#9 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
                  • 232 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Sorry this is happening! Totally crappy situation!
                    Have you looked at La Zebra... it is also a small boutique hotel in Tulum!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#10 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
                    • 547 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Good luck with the new plans...and fighting with the resort. If mlabbe is right and they knew before you put a deposit down, you should definitely fight them for ever cent you spent!!!
                      *~*JENN*~*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users