New Bride in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Biasha1983

Biasha1983
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

Hello all,

I'm thinking of booking my wedding next year at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall beach. I'm Jewish and so is my fiance. We are not very religious, but would still require a rabbi to marry us. I'm wondering if anyone used a rabbi from the Kingston synagogue or if they brought their own. Thank you, all help is greatly appreciated!!

#2 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
    • 265 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

welcome to the forum and happy planning.

#3 Princess J

Princess J
      • 424 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Biasha1983
        Hello all,

I'm thinking of booking my wedding next year at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall beach. I'm Jewish and so is my fiance. We are not very religious, but would still require a rabbi to marry us. I'm wondering if anyone used a rabbi from the Kingston synagogue or if they brought their own. Thank you, all help is greatly appreciated!!
        Welcome! Sorry I don't have the answer. Maybe check with the wedding planners at the resort you are interested in.
        Ps. you better post a few more times you are still a 'lurker'!
        50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#4 MissSimone

MissSimone
        • 255 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

maybe you could look up synagogues in the area also and see if there is a rabbi who could help you.

#5 LadyD

LadyD
          • 108 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

Hi Biasha,

There are Jewish people in Jamaica! I'm sure you can find someone local in Jamaica.

I found this thread:
            http://bestdestinati....eddings-45356/

But you can also email the hotel to see if they know someone or contact a local wedding planner in Jamaica for assistance!

Hope this helps

D
            Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#6 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
            • 47 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

There is a great rabbi at the St. Thomas synagogue, Rabbi Moch. The interisland flights aren't very expensive, so you may want to talk to him. He is very Reform and will likely meet you in jams and Tevas!

#7 maura777

maura777
              • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

Hi Biasha!

I don't have an answer to your question, but I am excited to hear of another possible Iberostar Grand Rose Hall bride since there are so few on this site!!! I am getting married there on 12-4-10. What date are you aiming for?

I would email the coordinator, too, with any questions you have. She sometimes takes a few days to respond but she does.

Maura

#8 Biasha1983

Biasha1983
                • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

ThANK YOU everyone for respondidng. I'm still in the process of pretty much everything.

Maura, I dont have a date yet, but hopefully aiming fro Feb 2011. Please email me directy so we can have an effective conversation in atimely manner, since I log on once in a while. Biasha0703@yahoo.com Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users