Excursions and sightseeing review in the Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

awesome awesome thread!!! I think i'm going to save this and put this in a newsletter.

#12 skadow

• Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

Awsome Review. Thanks so much. Do you have a picture of the tattoo you could post?

#13 jaynreneewed

• 184 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

very helpful, thanks

#14 *tinkertoy*

• 271 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the review!

re: Tulum Shuttle: We were just in the area and just an FYI- paid $2/per person for the shuttle from the entrance to the Tulum ruins. It's really not that far, easily walkable, they've just put in a new sidewalk that is mostly shaded. Also note, the shuttle stops running at 5 but Tulum stayed open until 5:30 or 5:45 so we didn't get the ride back.

Save that money for a drink once you are finished with the tour!

#15 pineapplebride

• 232 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Excellent review!! I'll def be checking back here when we start to choose our excursions!!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#16 BrideBarbie

• 136 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

I can't believe how many excursions you got in!!! That's great!!! Thanks for sharing! We only did the Tulum Ruins, a Cenote, PDC twice and that's all we had time for with the wedding and all!!! I agree that the Tulum Ruins are beautiful but leave hardly any shelter from the crazy hot sun. We almost couldn't enjoy them because of the heat, we went straight for the beach and spent most of the excursion in the water!!! Well worth it though.

#17 Sweetpea_Mtl

• 172 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

This is so useful thank you!!! I will be checking back here soon for info to put on our wedding website for travellers.

#18 Lisa2011

• BDW Superstar
                • 15 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

WOW!!!! Amazing pictures!!!!!!!!!! Looks like so much fun can't wait to visit the area!!!!!!!

#19 bsf&jpg

• 222 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

wow, so professional! you wrote them so well!
                    we hope to do Xel-Ha. not too sure about the ruins. and PDC with the fam after the wedding.

#20 northernflasher

• 499 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by msglave
                      Thank you so much for posting this! It really is helpful. I am actually in the midst of deciding what to do about table decor.centerpieces now. Can you elaborate on the table decor you saw there? Thanks!
                      Most things are in true colourful, handmade Mexican style, not talking fine china and lace here but perfect for a DW!

It really depends how much you want to spend, how many tables you have to decorate, how far you want to go and whats provided by your resort (in my case not much!) My way of thinking was to try to get a few uses out of things, eg stuff used for table decor to double as favours and try to think outside the box so if you see something pretty in your budget can you use it to suit your purpose eg use a bracelet as napkin holder for the ladies etc?

A selection of things we saw which are feasible include Serape style table runners and place mats which look fab over plain coloured tablecloths, painted scarves, sarongs etc which can double as chair bows and favours, chunky handmade glasses (fab for tealights), handpainted pottery as vases to hold your bouquets as table decor or as bowls for floating candles, lots of stalls selling intricate beaded bracelets, keyrings, jewellry. Of course maracas which can be personalised with name tags for place settings and in my opinion are a total MUST to get the vibe going!

Good luck with everything and happy shopping!!!
                      Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users