Photo

Arrival in JA Prior to wedding

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 akua420

akua420
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

dayna - I'm leaving from Ab and I just had the same thing happen to me. We were supposed to leave Feb 18 and now we're leaving on the 19th getting married on the 22nd. As long as our flight isnt delayed overnight, the wedding-co. told me it will be fine.
    Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#12 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

My MOH, DH and I arrived on Monday, and were married on Thursday. It was the perfect amount of time to sort through the last minute details, assemble all the OOT bags and favors, AND had gave us time to relax before the other guests arrived and we had to play host.

#13 dayna_123

dayna_123
      • 178 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by akua420
        dayna - I'm leaving from Ab and I just had the same thing happen to me. We were supposed to leave Feb 18 and now we're leaving on the 19th getting married on the 22nd. As long as our flight isnt delayed overnight, the wedding-co. told me it will be fine.

We are also leaving from Edmonton, one week later. Are you getting married at the Riu also? I know the girl that is getting married the day after you, also leaving from Edmonton. We are both using the same travel agent and I hear that flights are pretty full leaving out of Edmonton that week, with two large wedding groups!
        My travel agent told me not to worry about getting my date changed yet, as she said flights could change again. I don't think that will happen. I'm just worried and want to have a definite answer!

#14 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
        • 547 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

Definitely give yourself extra time so you don't stress. When I got married there were quite a few weddings that week and the wedding coordinator was very busy. Our meeting was rescheduled with her 3 times because of overlapping and then she had a family emergency. Also take TAMaureen's advice about your resorts rules, that's important!

Hope this helps!!
          *~*JENN*~*

#15 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
          • 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

We had originally booked our flight on a Tuesday and the only available wedding date was the Thursday - I emailed the RIU and told them that we can't be in the country due to the flight schedule and they said it was fine and that the 48 hour rule is not so much a rule but a guideline. Passengers off of cruise ships that port in Montego Bay arrive, get married and leave the same day.

Hope this helps!

#16 eddieandsheila

eddieandsheila
            • 110 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

We arrive on Wednesday, and are getting married on Saturday!

#17 MissSimone

MissSimone
              • 255 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

3 days before

#18 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

we're arriving wednesday and getting married on a saturday :) ..... wed worked out to be the cheapest day to travel for us

#19 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
                  • 250 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by JesseLyn10 

We had originally booked our flight on a Tuesday and the only available wedding date was the Thursday - I emailed the RIU and told them that we can't be in the country due to the flight schedule and they said it was fine and that the 48 hour rule is not so much a rule but a guideline. Passengers off of cruise ships that port in Montego Bay arrive, get married and leave the same day.

Hope this helps!

thanks so much for sharing that! With it being January you never know what the weather will be like at home so we gave ourselves the one extra day for the 48hrs but its good to know if something goes really wrong with the flight it should hopefully still be ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users