Photo

Diy letterpress

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sebitasalejo

sebitasalejo
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

So I realized I cannot afford letterpress invites, but I'd still like to have them. I found this letterpress online called Epic Six from lifestylecrafts.com that sells for about $150. It comes ready with all you need (actually the wording isn't, so you'd have to get a custom-made plate or just print regularly and letterpress a design that comes included). I so want to go for it and at the same time I'm so scared that I'll blow half my budget on the Epic Six if I can't pull it off.
    Your thoughts?
    [SIGPIC]

#2 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

I bought the Epic Six just for fun and it sucks, I even saw a demonstration at the NY stationery show and even the people that work there weren't able to get a clear impression, some parts of the things you print will not get good ink coverage in my opinion it's a waste of money.. I have it around anyway in case I find a good use for it but if you want perfect invitations I definitely don't recommend you waste your money on it.

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

I agree with Anny! I bought it because I wanted to do my own Christmas cards with it. After trying about 10 times to get a good even impression I gave up. I was really excited when it first came out and had high hopes, but there's nothing that takes the place of real letterpress :)

#4 melbivona

melbivona
        • 151 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

My thoughts exactly, thanks for sharing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users