Does anyone know if moon palace contracts out to any dj's. I know you can only use vendors from their list. My WC sent me several attachments re:flowers and extras, but know info on dj, fireworks or decorations, or any companies that they use for these services. Does anyone have any info??

We recently got married at mp, and had an outside reception. How many guests do you expect to have? We had 26...and we used our own Bose docking station and I'd say we made the right decision. The DJ package, like most things, is really expensive through MP.

Its something you can decide on near your wedding date, but i'd say to go with a docking station and making your own playlist up if your having less than 35 people and your having your reception outdoors. If your indoors you defo should go with your own docking station regardless of numbers. It is free to do this, they don't charge you for using their sockets or anything. If your outdoors with 35+ guests then you could still go with the docking station, but you'd defo need to hire the extra speakers, think it was around $200 but don't quote me on that. Sounds expensive for speakers only, but to hire a dj your talking around $1200 which I just thought was ridiculous! But that's MP for you - we got paper lanterns strung around the perimeter of our reception area - $400! and we had a 15 minute fire dancers show - $600! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we done it, but it is just soo expensive...so i'd say to you to cut corners where possible so you can splurge on other areas...you can defo diy your music for the night! :)

Thx so much for the download slapsappyhappy..so much appreciated. A big thx to you also Mrs D To Be fpr the great info..I agree that price is ridiculous for a DJ that probably isn't great. What company did you get the paper lanterns and fire dancers, I was thinking of using them as well. Also, Does anyone know the prices/packages for fireworks?..Thx again ladies.

it was through our wedding co-ordinator, preferred vendors and all, it was a company called zuniga...they have a website.. Zúñiga | Productions my co-ordinator told me to contact lily@decocancun.com for a quote, so you could probably go through her. Her price is likely to come in higher than what i've quoted, but respond just by saying your friend used them earlier this year and they got charged $400, would they price match....thats what I done and they did :)

• 3 months later...

I have Lily as my coordinator and it's been wonderful so far!

Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be! View Post

it was through our wedding co-ordinator, preferred vendors and all, it was a company called zuniga...they have a website.. Zúñiga | Productions my co-ordinator told me to contact lily@decocancun.com for a quote, so you could probably go through her. Her price is likely to come in higher than what i've quoted, but respond just by saying your friend used them earlier this year and they got charged $400, would they price match....thats what I done and they did :)

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by CynLovesLuis View Post

Ok can anyone verify that they were able to get a DJ on the resort property with just a day pass??? and without having to purchase Insurance?!?!? (read that on another thread)

I have verified with my coordinator Cristina that I can use a Dj that is my registered guest. I know I have to book him for at least 1 night. I thought I may have to rent their equipment..so I emailed her, and she emailed me that I can either rent the equipment or the Dj can use his own. I have to email the DJ and see how much and how big his equipment is. It may be worth it to rent their equipment to avoid any problems, but she told me either way is ok.

Cristina V. is my coordinator and she told me a one night stay- that they have to be my "guest" but my argument is that even "guests" can enter with day passes so if he's my "guest" where is it written that they have to be bought a room night?!

Originally Posted by msredd3129 View Post

I have verified with my coordinator Cristina that I can use a Dj that is my registered guest. I know I have to book him for at least 1 night. I thought I may have to rent their equipment..so I emailed her, and she emailed me that I can either rent the equipment or the Dj can use his own. I have to email the DJ and see how much and how big his equipment is. It may be worth it to rent their equipment to avoid any problems, but she told me either way is ok.