not even that excited... and its only 3wks away

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsf&jpg View Post
thx everybody!
this past Saturday I went to my 2nd fitting and I LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The seamstress did such an AMAZING job and I totally loved it!
I know my Chalamalla will too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then Sunday the FMIL and I did some shopping and I have to admit...
Im starting to get the exciting butterflies in my tummy :)

thanks again you all!
Much Love!!!
Much appreciated!!!
YEAH!!! That makes me so happy!!!!!!

OMG! I def. have felt the EXACT way you felt, (dress and all) but You are sooooo going to have a BLAST!smile159.gif the people who matter will be there and U will enjoy every second of it! I promise! I bet you anything the week before you leave you are going to be sooo excited, the butterflies will be doing backflips in your belly! thewave.gifit will be Fantastic! you'll see...

Dont even worry about it!hug2.gif

I feel ya girl. We are getting married this September. It originally was scheduled to be an at home wedding with 100 people. Now its in St Thomas with 5 people. And I really think the lack of family and friends participating is a downer.

This is supposed to be the biggest day of our lives and NOT ONE member of my family is attending.wtf.gif

His parents, his best man, and MAYBE one of my BM are going. It's really depressing. I even offered to pay airfare for the bridal party (Not that I could afford it) It makes me feel like they don't care enough to bother coming.

A couple we are friends with (he was supposed to be a groomsmen) told us they could not come because they are saving money to adopt. Totally understandable right? They just booked a cruise for a few weeks after the wedding. Kinda pisses me off.

So I guess all you and I can do is say screw everyone else and remember that this day is about us and the men that we love.

I hope its great.

LOL- the wedding you are having is nearly the EXACT same wedding as mine. Under 20 people and BIL and SIL didn't make it either. I'm glad you are more excited now because trust me, all this won't matter. When I look back and think about our wedding, the first thing I focus on is standing at the alter and the love I saw in my man's eyes. I bet 20years from now, I might not even remember exactly who was there, but I won't ever forget those eyes. As everyone said- it's not about the who, the what, the where- it's about your love and creating a life together that day forward.

Oh and forget about your "legal" wedding- that was just paperwork. Everyone does it! I can't even tell you what day we signed our documents. wink.gif

Girl, don't worry. Even though my wedding is almost a year away, I probably will barely have 10 people going because people would rather vacation somewhere else, etc. But make the best out of what you have. And show those pictures off like there is no tommorrow! Have a wonderful time.

• 2 weeks later...

Betty, love...

Your "Big Day" with your husband-to-be is gonna be the most *magical*, memorable experience of your life, REGARDLESS of who is there! IT IS only about the two of you....I can assure you, eveyone else just sort of fades into the background a bit! wink.gif

WE only ended up with 10 guests, plus ourselves, and it was perfection!!!

My husband and I knew when we decided on having a DW that there were only a few "must attend" people, namely my parents and his parents -- to us, everyone else was a blessing, and a few more relatives were able to make it and we were overjoyed!

And for your dress, I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVE IT!! You're gonna be a stunning bride in your husband's eyes, no matter what! :)