Suggestions on wedding coordinators in Cabo and pricing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hienanderic

• 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:17 AM

My finance and I are trying to see if it makes more sense to hire an outside wedding coordinator or the ones onsite at the hotel. We are considering Cabo Azul and so far have been in contact via email with Bertha and Rosalinda. Has anyone worked with Cabo Azul's wedding coordinator's before? What are your recommendations for outside wedding coordinators and how much do they typically charge? We've also contacted a lady at Baja Weddings but they are a bit pricey - totaling around $6,000. Any suggestions, comments and feedback from anyone who has worked with any outside wedding planners or onsite with Cabo Azul would be helpful.. Thanks!

#2 BandP2011

• 40 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

I'm getting married at Cabo Azul Resort July 23, 2011.

I have hired an outside coordinator who I am happy to share her information with you if you are interested. She is a friend of our family whom we stumbled upon before we decided to get married in Mexico.

I am a total planner, so I am completely capable of taking care of most of the details myself. However, she will make my life that much easier and less stressful!

We took at trip to look at locations in May and she was absolutely wonderful. Took us to all the locations we wanted to see and shared her personal experience and photos of all weddings she's done in the area.

#3 BandP2011

• 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

Oops I meant to say... Friend of a family friend. :)

#4 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
        • 74 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Here is a partial list of wedding planners in Cabo. It is best to hire local wedding planners as they are plugged into the destination like no others. We have an incredible group of people who collectively have done thousands of weddings here in Cabo.

#5 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Have you considered just using a day of co-ordinator, and booking all of the vendors yourself? I did all of my planning, but I used Amy at Fiestas Los Cabos for my day-of-coordination and she did a great job. It also helped keep the costs down. Just a suggestion!

#6 liljuicy

• 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

We used Sarai Flores at Signature Weddings and she was great, and the cost was not as high as what you listed above.

#7 Blissloscabos

• Banned
              • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Cabo Azul is truly a magnificent location here in Cabo. We work with many brides there in collaboration with their in-house coordinators.

Best wishes and happy planning!

~Amanda & Kym

#8 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

i am glad bliss chimed in...they are members of bdw and wedding coordinators. you may want to send them a pm on their pricing.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 amynel2

• 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

Though we were married at the Sheraton, we used Baja Weddings and found it was worth every penny.  The price they initally quoted us was a bit too high for us and they were kind enough to work with us on the price a little.  I can tell you this, I'm also a planner but trying to do it from long distance became too much for me and after we started working April I was so glad we spent the money.  She was a life saver several times over! 

#10 daphoy

• 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Try Leslie Bost from One Weddings.  Believe she'll be less than your original quote.  Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users