Sign in to follow this  
sandyt

October in Jamaica

Does anyone have any suggestions for weddings in October in Jamaica?

My Fiance is worried about the humidity, rain and potential hurricanes for our 10.10.10 wedding. I have been to the Caribbean in early May in the past and it was humid at times, but nice most of the time.

How is October and does it rain that much on the Northern Coast near Runaway Bay?

Any information to help this "starting to stress out" bride. I am at the 100 day mark, frantically checking hurricane tracking maps and diligently charting potential rain. We rented a tent, but the humidity and rain wouldn't be ideal. I could cope, but yeah.

I'm not that worried about it FI (who is from JA) say's we should be okay... I'm with wendyjd... we can always move it inside... I've already spoke with my resort about there back up location in case of rain. She claims they have never had a wedding rained out but says they are prepared for it.

I'm not going to worry though my daughter's wedding is going to be in September. We were also told by our WC that she had not had a wedding get rained out and actually had not made a suggestion for a back up plan until we approached her.

I am just going to do it the old fashioned way and PRAY for a beautiful day!

Unless it's a hurricane, any resort will be able to move your wedding indoors. Most locations that do a lot of weddings have designated spots for that too. In fact, if it's windy, sometimes it is better to get married away from the beach because it will help to preserve your hair and you'll avoid squinting.

This is what I am worried about as well. We are getting married in a week in a half in Ocho Rios and it is supposed to rain. Apparently the showers are only minutes long but I have planned for a beach wedding. My girls are carrying parasols and my FGs have cute little hats - would look silly if we have to get married indoors, no?

I am kind of into a cloudy day though, makes for great photos!

I am getting married on 1st Oct 2010. I havent a clue what the weather will be like, all i know is its during hurricane season. I keep joking about it, but i just hope everything will turn out fine, im sure it will.

I have heard from some people who have lived in Jamaica that us October gals (I'm October 14th) have nothing to worry about. If it does rain, it is usually for about 10 minutes, then it clears up pretty quickly. Plus the wedding coordinators will move you indoors if necessary. A little rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck as well. Just cross your fingers!

I actually had people last year not book to come to our wedding because of concerns about weather... ridiculous.  I can't live life like that.  So the entire time we were there is was warm, a bit humid and never rained for more than 10 minutes... EXCEPT for my wedding day.  All of the other weddings that day were fine.  At about 3:30 a storm started to roll in.  My wedding was a 4 and we were supposed to be having a cocktail reception on the beach.  When I was coming out to walk down the aisle, it was BLACK behind me in the sky and blue over the water.  THe officiant told us he had talked to "the man upstairs" and told him he needed about 20 minutes.  Sure enough, we had no rain for the ceremony and it started to rain 3 minutes after we walked back down the aisle.  The moved my reception under a pavillion.  THe bonus os this was they let my 2 hour reception go into the night because it was just in the corner of the main pavillion.  In addition, after the 20 minute rainstorm, the clouds over the water at sunset were AMAZING!  I had pictures we would not have had otherwise... I guess everything works out as it should.  Rain is goodluck right?