Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JesseLyn10

New Wedding Coordinator ar ROR!

Recommended Posts

I was married on July 5th at ROR.  Same thing happened to me with no response from Chandlyn.  When I went to our scheduled meeting, that's when I found out Chandlyn had been fired a couple weeks before (for scamming people out of money and asking for cash payments, apparently).  It was Tina we met with and she told me that nothing had been booked or finalized for our wedding despite Chandlyn telling me weeks before that everything was booked and confirmed.  Thankfully, Tina got everything we wanted booked/confirmed and honoured the prices Chandlyn had quoted us (which were apparently cheaper than what ROR is supposed to charge).   I was pissed that no one had informed us of the change and even more pissed when Tina turned out to be a pathetic wedding coordinator. 

 

I really hope that you don't have any problems with her but she was terrible for our wedding.  You can look up my wedding review to get all the details.

 

My suggestion to everyone getting married at ROR would be to not pay for anything until after your wedding day because if you end up in a situation like mine, you don't get what you pay for.  And once they have your money, they really don't care about you or your wedding at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I read your review and I'm so sorry that it didn't go well, that sucks especially after paying so much money. I just got married there on the 30th and I think Tina is gone. There were only 2 coordinator there Natricia and Antonette. I was wondering why Chandlyn got fired and I found it strange that she had told me I needed to pay certain services in cash and others in credit; however when I had emailed the main Riu site in Mexico I was told I could pay everything via credit card. The steel drum and fire dancers that I had were actually $100 cheaper than the prices that Chandlyn had been charging past guests. I got each for $350. And is possible I totally agree don't pay for anything until afterwards. Once they have your money there's no refunds on anything.
 

Originally Posted by JM2010 View Post

I was married on July 5th at ROR.  Same thing happened to me with no response from Chandlyn.  When I went to our scheduled meeting, that's when I found out Chandlyn had been fired a couple weeks before (for scamming people out of money and asking for cash payments, apparently).  It was Tina we met with and she told me that nothing had been booked or finalized for our wedding despite Chandlyn telling me weeks before that everything was booked and confirmed.  Thankfully, Tina got everything we wanted booked/confirmed and honoured the prices Chandlyn had quoted us (which were apparently cheaper than what ROR is supposed to charge).   I was pissed that no one had informed us of the change and even more pissed when Tina turned out to be a pathetic wedding coordinator. 

 

I really hope that you don't have any problems with her but she was terrible for our wedding.  You can look up my wedding review to get all the details.

 

My suggestion to everyone getting married at ROR would be to not pay for anything until after your wedding day because if you end up in a situation like mine, you don't get what you pay for.  And once they have your money, they really don't care about you or your wedding at all.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by OchoRiosBride2010 View Post

 

Jesslyn your posts are putting me at ease!! thank you...the unknown is scary. My biggest worry is making sure im travelling with enough money, so in the event that something goes woncky...we can still pay for the wedding we wanted.  I havent made any pre plans yet with the WC, so i really have NO clue as to what the reception is going to be like, or cost, and flower and so forth. Any advice on how you budgeted for travel? 

 

We cleared out our credit cards just in case we didn't bring enough cash, just for extra back up (and on the advice from friends who got married in Mexico).  The WC is very cool and understanding!  I really don't think pre-plans need to be extensively made because it was that part that freaked me out the most!  We went over everything once we were in Jamaica because we had booked with Chandlyn (who was fired) and the new WC wanted to make sure that everything she promised us was honoured (which it was!) 

 

I did order our decorations from Tai Flora about a month before we left for Jamaica.  I had budgeted $2500 for flowers and ceremony/reception decorations and got everything I wanted (ceremony chairs, bamboo arch, bouquet, BM and mother's corsages, boutonnieres, dinner and reception decorations) for less than that!   Tao Flora does a great job of sending spreadsheets with each item broken down into amount and cost.  We had the Caprice package (the price in on the RIU website) and paid extra for the private beach reception ($15 per person), steel drum band for the ceremony, champagne reception at the ceremony site and dj for reception.  I think we paid half in cash and half credit so we wouldn't use up all of our cash in one shot and not have any for tips etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by yumyum90 View Post

 

 

I read your review and I'm so sorry that it didn't go well, that sucks especially after paying so much money. I just got married there on the 30th and I think Tina is gone. There were only 2 coordinator there Natricia and Antonette. I was wondering why Chandlyn got fired and I found it strange that she had told me I needed to pay certain services in cash and others in credit; however when I had emailed the main Riu site in Mexico I was told I could pay everything via credit card. The steel drum and fire dancers that I had were actually $100 cheaper than the prices that Chandlyn had been charging past guests. I got each for $350. And is possible I totally agree don't pay for anything until afterwards. Once they have your money there's no refunds on anything.

 

 

 

I wondered why Antonette kept asking me how much Chandlyn quoted us for the steel drum band!  We paid $350 for it.

 

We paid for everything the day before the wedding and although it was a little stressful, we had to believe that it would work out and it did!  My friends who have gotten married in Mexico also had to pre-pay for their wedding so I think it might be a resort standard.  They may be afraid that if they do everything as asked for your wedding, they won't get paid in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me who is the WC at ROR and how I can get a hold of her ????? I'm getting married march 9th 2011 and have not yet got in touch with the WC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm not a ROR bride, but I've been following these threads. First off, I think its awful what those brides have experienced with the abrupt WC change. All bridal parties should have been notified and the weddings should have gone as they were planned. I'm sorry for all the brides that had such issues with this. Plus, on top of the notification, each bride should be able to get in contact with a WC! I would be like a chicken with its head cut off if I didn't know how my wedding plans were going, or if they were going at all!

 

On a side note, I'm curious as to how Tina left. Was she fired like Chandlyn? From what I've heard, it seems like she deserved to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


March is quite a while away. I know they are trying to get it together right now with all the transitioning that has been going on. Try  emailing mice.ori@riu.com. I have been keeping in touch with Antonette there and she has been really good about communicating back. But seeing as how I'm only 30 days away, that could also be a reason why she is in so much contact.

 

Originally Posted by hchiasson View Post

Can anyone tell me who is the WC at ROR and how I can get a hold of her ????? I'm getting married march 9th 2011 and have not yet got in touch with the WC



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...