Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JesseLyn10

New Wedding Coordinator ar ROR!

Recommended Posts

eddieandsheila - I'm in the same boat as you.  It's been frustrating trying to get a reply/confirmation from the WC.  Where did you hear that the policy has changed regarding confirmations??  I haven't been told this and totally unaware!!  Other brides have posted that their ceremony time was also double booked and were bumped to an earlier time than what they had booked.  I emailed the sales dept. in Mexico to confirm AGAIN my wedding date and ceremony time as well told them that I'm still waiting to hear back from the WC.  I got a reply saying that my date and time is confirmed and he has forwarded my email to the WC at ROR so she can contact me...I don't know if an email coming from their office will push the WC to contact me.  Just a side note, not only has the WC changed but also the head sales person at the sales office in Mexico and their email address has changed as well...I had no idea. 
 

Originally Posted by eddieandsheila View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

I'm another bride who's having serious issues with the change of WC.  In March, Chandlynn confirmed the poolside reception for our Wedding, but after she was fired they changed a few of their policies (and the BIG one is confirmations).  Basically, you can only confirm your location once you arrive - but because it was already confirmed to us, we put that information on our Wedding invitations, which have already been sent out.  There is another Wedding happening on our day, so our planning has turned into a free-for-all... first come, first serve. 

 

I'm really unhappy that ROR did not contact brides to notify us of the change in WC.  Seems very unprofessional.  If they want to change the policy, it should be moving forward - rather than jeopardizing plans any bride made before the change.  I've already got quotes from vendors for the poolside reception and now it seems I have to start from scratch. 

 

Sorry for venting.... ROR could have/should have handled this situation better!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I looked into this as well because I had had enough with not getting a reply.  There is a company that caters to cruise ship guests who port in Jamaica, get married and then get back on the ship in the evening.  They also don't require you to be in the country for 48 hours.

 

http://www.tropicalweddingsjamaica.com/about.html

 

I think this is the one I looked into (it's been a while!) but this company is in Ocho Rios so it's close to the RIU.  If you are thinking on getting married off resort, then I would also suggest having the reception there as well.  I was worried more about the reception part and was ACHING to have it at Coyaba Gardens.  When we heard back from the WC, we abandoned this option.

 

 

Originally Posted by Polorl69 View Post

Thank you guys for your help, Jesselyn...I understand about the time in between the wedding and reception and 2 hours would be fine but 5 hours is to long for what we are looking for.

 

I am currently looking into different venue's to get married at and then come back to the Riu for the reception. if anyone has any suggestions i am all ears..I am looking into Coyoba Gardens, Royal Plantation, and Jamaica Inn....which we wanted to stay at but decided against it in consideration of our guest's. So I am waiting to here back from them but I am not to optomistic as it is such short notice



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I met with Antonette, she went over everything and told me that what ever I had confirmed with Chandlyn is what she will honour (locations, prices, etc.).  Bring all your correspondence (I arrived with stacks of printed emails) that you had with Chandlyn.  I think that their 'new policy'  will mostly pertain to new brides who hadn't been in contact with Chandlyn.  There was also another wedding on the same day as mine but they didn't want to book a reception venue (we chatted with them earlier), they were happy with celebrating at one of the bars.  You never know what the plans of the other couples are and they may surprise you :)

 

good luck!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieandsheila View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

I'm another bride who's having serious issues with the change of WC.  In March, Chandlynn confirmed the poolside reception for our Wedding, but after she was fired they changed a few of their policies (and the BIG one is confirmations).  Basically, you can only confirm your location once you arrive - but because it was already confirmed to us, we put that information on our Wedding invitations, which have already been sent out.  There is another Wedding happening on our day, so our planning has turned into a free-for-all... first come, first serve. 

 

I'm really unhappy that ROR did not contact brides to notify us of the change in WC.  Seems very unprofessional.  If they want to change the policy, it should be moving forward - rather than jeopardizing plans any bride made before the change.  I've already got quotes from vendors for the poolside reception and now it seems I have to start from scratch. 

 

Sorry for venting.... ROR could have/should have handled this situation better!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi hiccups,

I found out about the new policy from the new WC herself.  She sent me an email saying this is how it is done now.  I think because my Wedding is still next May, she feels theres no need to worry about my past correspondence/confirmations with Chandlynn because there is more than enough time to hammer out all the details (again)....

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiccups View Post

eddieandsheila - I'm in the same boat as you.  It's been frustrating trying to get a reply/confirmation from the WC.  Where did you hear that the policy has changed regarding confirmations??  I haven't been told this and totally unaware!!  Other brides have posted that their ceremony time was also double booked and were bumped to an earlier time than what they had booked.  I emailed the sales dept. in Mexico to confirm AGAIN my wedding date and ceremony time as well told them that I'm still waiting to hear back from the WC.  I got a reply saying that my date and time is confirmed and he has forwarded my email to the WC at ROR so she can contact me...I don't know if an email coming from their office will push the WC to contact me.  Just a side note, not only has the WC changed but also the head sales person at the sales office in Mexico and their email address has changed as well...I had no idea. 
 


 



Jesselyn10, I've also been in contact with the bride who is getting married on the same day, and she wants the poolside reception as well... I'm just hoping everything works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eddiesheila - I'm really worried now!!  I emailed the WC several times to re-confirm my booking of the poolside reception but haven't received any replies from her as of yet so I'm wondering why she hasn't responded to me to even tell me of the policy change?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they told anyone of the policy change.  I didn't know about it and didn't think anything of it because I assumed they were trying to correct the troubles that firing Chandlyn caused.  

 

I really wish they would have at least sent out a mass email explaining the changes.  

 

Good luck to everyone getting married!  Everything will turn out, think positively!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I also wrote over a month ago to ask for different options for my receiption , flowers, etc,, and she hasnt asnwered back yet,,, im getting a little worried : (

Originally Posted by hiccups View Post

eddiesheila - I'm really worried now!!  I emailed the WC several times to re-confirm my booking of the poolside reception but haven't received any replies from her as of yet so I'm wondering why she hasn't responded to me to even tell me of the policy change?? 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes!

 

and i thought planning a destination wedding was supposed to be less stressful!!! We're getting married at ROR on march 3, 2011 and have had no contact with the RIU apart from confirming the ceremony date, time, and wedding package with someone from the mexico sales office.

 

after catching up on the bdw forums this weekend i'm starting to get concerned. I know that i can get flowers, etc from other local vendors (e.g. tai flora) but i'm sure these businesses need some notice, right? here's what is really bothering me... if the RIU doesn't want me to pick flowers, locations, etc. until I get there, its already too late to go to another local vendor if i'm not happy with the RIU options. it seems like a great arrangement for the RIU but i'm not so convinced that it will be the best arrangement for me.

 

Has anyone getting married in early 2011 received any of the options for a RIU wedding (aside from the 'wedding packages')?

 

I don't know if I'm getting ahead of myself or not, hoping someone can help.


Should I try and contact the WC this early?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies, I would be as patient as possible. With all of the changes going on, I am positive they are playing catch up, along with learning the new gig at the same time. My wedding is in three weeks and have had no issue with them responding back at all. I think they are prioritizing based on the timing of each wedding. I have been up and through this entire site and from past bride's postings, its quite normal for them to wait until closer to your wedding date to begin scheduling things in. This IS supposed to be less stressful, so try not to let all of this get the best of you right now. It WILL work out in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my marriage certificate/license (I am not sure what it's called) from Jamaica today!  We were married July 20th so it took about a month and a half and it was couriered to my house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×