Photo

Bridesmaid dress help

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 snow88

snow88
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:11 AM

My BM picked a long dress and my MOH picked a knee length dress. Should I have one of them pick something else?They'll be the same color though. I hope.

#2 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

all of my dresses are different styles and lenghts and i love it! i just chose the color and fabric and let the girls do their own thing. it worked out great because they each look and feel beautiful. here's the pics

ring girl
      Click the image to open in full size.

maid of honor

BM

BM

FlowerGirl

#3 SDSteph

SDSteph
      • 812 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

I think diferent lengths are OK! I actually like seeing the differnt styles of the BMs.
        Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#4 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
        • 394 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

I'm allowing my BMs to choose their own dresses but here's the condition: all of the dresses have to be from the same designer, be the same color (tiffany blue/pool), and of the same fabric.

As long as your WP's dresses compliment each other, it will look great. I've even seen WPs with different dresses in different colors - but the colors blended well together - and it looked good too.

#5 mlabbe

mlabbe
          • 784 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:29 AM

I agree, as long as they are all the same colour it will work and look just fine!

#6 snow88

snow88
            • 181 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

@ Carolina24 Those are gorgeous. I love them.

Thanks ladies. I'll get those orders in then.

#7 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
              • 282 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Any advice on how far in advance to get the bridesmaid dresses? They might gain weight, but I don't want to wait till last minute either...

#8 Catalyst

Catalyst
                • 43 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Heh I don't really have a huge wedding party so I don't have to worry about this quite so much. I'm letting my Bm's pick what ever they want as long as it's one of our wedding colors.

As for how long in advance to order them. I'd probably check with the store and see what they recommend. It only really matters if you're having them specially made then you'll need to allow a few months. If not order them whenever as long as you get them in enough time to do fittings / make alterations if needed.

#9 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                  • 282 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Yea I was thinking October that gives us 5 months to make sure they fit.

#10 Lindslou

Lindslou
                    • 187 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=carolina24;1346915]all of my dresses are different styles and lenghts and i love it! i just chose the color and fabric and let the girls do their own thing. it worked out great because they each look and feel beautiful. here's the pics

I love your dresses!!!! My BM are all very different in size and we are having problems finding dresses that work. Where are these from?
                      Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users