Photo

Passports or message in a bottle invitations?!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 kris10kay

kris10kay
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

We used passports as our STD and I love them! They turned out great. here is a sneak peak :)

Attached Files

#12 Peach

Peach
    • 1,293 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

It is a great idea - I originally ignored message in a bottle invites just because of the cost of shipping and such, but I really like them, so I think I will just hand-deliver to most people; and we will only be making them for the people sound like they will probably make it; we will be sending out save the dates to more people and direct them to our website - if they are pretty sure they will not come, they won't get an invite, and maybe that will cut down on costs. I will also be doing it all DIY. Or is that rude?

#13 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
      • 710 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hand delivery will cut cost dramatically!! There's nothing wrong with your plan. Why send an invite to someone who you kind of already know would not be going? That's just my opinon. DIY is the way to go and no it's not rude. 

Originally Posted by Peach 

It is a great idea - I originally ignored message in a bottle invites just because of the cost of shipping and such, but I really like them, so I think I will just hand-deliver to most people; and we will only be making them for the people sound like they will probably make it; we will be sending out save the dates to more people and direct them to our website - if they are pretty sure they will not come, they won't get an invite, and maybe that will cut down on costs. I will also be doing it all DIY. Or is that rude?

#14 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Okay, thanks - I thought it might be rude to send a Save the Date and not an invite, since the STD will probably say "invite to follow", but we are doing an AHR, so they might just get an invite to that... not the message in the bottles though!

#15 SparksFly

SparksFly
          • 219 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Passport invites!

#16 Pappy

Pappy
            • 176 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Do both!!! :) I've seen some ladies do both and they look great!

#17 bride81

bride81
              • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

We have decided to do boarding pass for STD, passports for the formal invitation, and a message in the bottle when guests arrive OOT bags!!  Now for all the hard work as I plan DIY

#18 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

This is very close to what we are going to do! Boarding passes for STD, MIBs for the formal invites, and passports for the welcome books!

Originally Posted by bride81 

We have decided to do boarding pass for STD, passports for the formal invitation, and a message in the bottle when guests arrive OOT bags!!  Now for all the hard work as I plan DIY

#19 kks2012

kks2012
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 241 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

We are doing boarding pass for the invitations and MIB for the welcome letter. Thanks for the website. That helps a lot.

#20 sswed13

sswed13
                    • 178 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

We did passports as our invites. I love the idea of MIB, and having them as the welcome letter may be the way to go so I can get the best of both worlds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users