Photo

how many guests at your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
  • 594 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

Cam when you did your invitations did you stick with really close friend and fam or did you invite a few people that you know may not be so close, yet you felt they deserved an invite? Right now we are up to 50 people on our guest list. Majority is family, followed by friends. Just wondering if we should extend an invitation to a few people who aren't so close but would think of going. Perhaps not. Close fam and friends is the theme.

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA 

At the moment we have 32 booked at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites however we still have around 8 who may do a last minute thing 

#62 sesker78

sesker78
    • 31 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

Our package includes 30, however, we are up to 52. I hope that is it.

#63 delgadot

delgadot
      • 284 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

We are going to be inviting about 100 people but I am expecting between 50-60 to actually come!!

#64 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
        • Site Supporter
        • 165 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

If you only want close friends and family there, then I woud suggest only inviting them. Everyone else will understand, plus, if you invite everyone you aren't so close with, there is a very good chance that extra people will come. We invited ~150 people and have 45 booked so far, several of which were totally unexpected! But for us, we wanted it to be "the more the merrier!"

You can keep it intimate for the trip, and then host a party for everyone else when you get back so they feel involved too and you don't need to worry about hurting anyone's feelings that way :)

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Cam when you did your invitations did you stick with really close friend and fam or did you invite a few people that you know may not be so close, yet you felt they deserved an invite? Right now we are up to 50 people on our guest list. Majority is family, followed by friends. Just wondering if we should extend an invitation to a few people who aren't so close but would think of going. Perhaps not. Close fam and friends is the theme.

Quote:

At the moment we have 32 booked at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites however we still have around 8 who may do a last minute thing 

#65 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
          • 594 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

We're in the same boat...53 and counting.

Originally Posted by sesker78 

Our package includes 30, however, we are up to 52. I hope that is it.

#66 delgadot

delgadot
            • 284 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

Islandgirl910

I can tell you for me, that even though we will be inviting 100 people about 80% are close family and friends the other 20% are people we feel obligated to invite but we know they wont come. One of the reasons I chose a destination wedding is because I wanted to have my closest friends and family there for my day not joe blow cousin that I havent seen in years or so and so's girlfriend I have never met. I want to walk down the ile and know every single person that will be out there witnessing our day:)  

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Quote:

#67 weddingaway

weddingaway
              • 196 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

We are definitely having 22 guests with possibly as many as 32.  I LOVE having a small wedding like this so I don't have to schmooze with people I am not crazy about.  Just the essentials.

#68 Sallee

Sallee
                • 255 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:42 AM

for us it will be us and our two witnesses

#69 tris

tris
                  • 609 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Wow, I can't believe so many of you ladies have SO many guests! I was hoping for around 25-30 but as of right now we are at us + 15 guests... we WERE at 17, but 2 people have since dropped out... the first was a close friend of mine who I actually paid the $200 deposit for and was going to pay him an additional $500 to do all of the videography for us... well, he dropped out and isn't paying me back. Great. The other is my sisters BF of over a year who just dumped her and will no longer be coming... at least he paid his own deposit.

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#70 JB321

JB321
                    • 85 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

Congrats Ladies! We're planning on 75-100 guests. But it's looking like 75 as of now.

Back to Destination Weddings in Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users