Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pat291

how many guests at your wedding?

Recommended Posts



Cam when you did your invitations did you stick with really close friend and fam or did you invite a few people that you know may not be so close, yet you felt they deserved an invite? Right now we are up to 50 people on our guest list. Majority is family, followed by friends. Just wondering if we should extend an invitation to a few people who aren't so close but would think of going. Perhaps not. Close fam and friends is the theme.

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

At the moment we have 32 booked at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites however we still have around 8 who may do a last minute thing 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you only want close friends and family there, then I woud suggest only inviting them. Everyone else will understand, plus, if you invite everyone you aren't so close with, there is a very good chance that extra people will come. We invited ~150 people and have 45 booked so far, several of which were totally unexpected! But for us, we wanted it to be "the more the merrier!"
 

You can keep it intimate for the trip, and then host a party for everyone else when you get back so they feel involved too and you don't need to worry about hurting anyone's feelings that way :)
 

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post



Cam when you did your invitations did you stick with really close friend and fam or did you invite a few people that you know may not be so close, yet you felt they deserved an invite? Right now we are up to 50 people on our guest list. Majority is family, followed by friends. Just wondering if we should extend an invitation to a few people who aren't so close but would think of going. Perhaps not. Close fam and friends is the theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

At the moment we have 32 booked at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites however we still have around 8 who may do a last minute thing 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Islandgirl910

I can tell you for me, that even though we will be inviting 100 people about 80% are close family and friends the other 20% are people we feel obligated to invite but we know they wont come. One of the reasons I chose a destination wedding is because I wanted to have my closest friends and family there for my day not joe blow cousin that I havent seen in years or so and so's girlfriend I have never met. I want to walk down the ile and know every single person that will be out there witnessing our day:)  


 

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post



Cam when you did your invitations did you stick with really close friend and fam or did you invite a few people that you know may not be so close, yet you felt they deserved an invite? Right now we are up to 50 people on our guest list. Majority is family, followed by friends. Just wondering if we should extend an invitation to a few people who aren't so close but would think of going. Perhaps not. Close fam and friends is the theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

At the moment we have 32 booked at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites however we still have around 8 who may do a last minute thing 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are definitely having 22 guests with possibly as many as 32.  I LOVE having a small wedding like this so I don't have to schmooze with people I am not crazy about.  Just the essentials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I can't believe so many of you ladies have SO many guests! I was hoping for around 25-30 but as of right now we are at us + 15 guests... we WERE at 17, but 2 people have since dropped out... the first was a close friend of mine who I actually paid the $200 deposit for and was going to pay him an additional $500 to do all of the videography for us... well, he dropped out and isn't paying me back. Great. The other is my sisters BF of over a year who just dumped her and will no longer be coming... at least he paid his own deposit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×