Photo

Boarding pass STDs

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

Our boarding pass save the dates are finally finished and in the mail!!!

To be honest, these were much more difficult than I had originally thought they would be! Well, I shouldn't say difficult because it was more just annoying bumps in the road because neither FI or I are super crafty or DIY people.

Here are some of the annoyances we ran into.. maybe they can help some of you out!
    1. we had originally bought pearlescent cardstock for the actual boarding passes, however we had the hardest time getting a printer to work well with the cardstock. In the end we returned the pearlescent cardstock and just used plain white 110lb cardstock (saved us a lot of money too!)
    2. Cutting the boarding passes out... it wasn't difficult, just time consuming! FI was much more patient with this than me! He did all the straight cutting and I did all the corner punches. We assembly-lined it over a couple nights...good team work!
    3. Our printer died in the middle of printing our envelopes. Not the boarding passes fault, just annoying! haha FI thinks the new printer should be included in the total cost of these boarding passes... however I refuse!!

Here is the end result.

Click the image to open in full size.

we tucked our TA's business card under the raffia

we had originally planned on buying pearlescent fushia envelopes. I didn't want to spend the $0.30/per envelope, or whatever it was. We ended up using cheap envelopes that FI gets from work and personalizing them. Sorry about the ugly black lines through the addresses!

I ended up making my own little jacket template. I traced this template on the cardstock, cut it out and taped the sides together with double sided sticky tape. Since I only used 2/3 of the cardstock I saved the other 1/3 and I'll probably use it for tags or something.

here are the tools we used.

I'll try to add up the total cost for you as well.
    We made 35 save the dates.

White cardstock = 250 for $20.00. We used ~25 pages, so ~ $2
    Green pearlescent cardstock = $0.68/page = $23.80
    Raffia = $4.80
    Corner rounder = $20
    Envelopes = free
    Paper slicer = free (borrowed from my sister)
    Double sided sticky tape = free (stolen/borrowed from my dads workshop)

Total = $50.60/35 STDS
    so.. $1.44/STD.... I'm pretty happy with that!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#2 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
    • 276 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

They look really great! I already have that same paper cutter in my stash of scrapbook supplies too :)

#3 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
      • 310 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

WOW! All that hard work paid off. Your STD's look fantastic!!! Great job. Where did you get the template for the boarding pass? I was trying to make a passport STD. I think it's a little more complicated than I thought. Maybe I'll do the boarding pass instead. Do you have a template?

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#4 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
        • 232 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Michelle-2
          WOW! All that hard work paid off. Your STD's look fantastic!!! Great job. Where did you get the template for the boarding pass? I was trying to make a passport STD. I think it's a little more complicated than I thought. Maybe I'll do the boarding pass instead. Do you have a template?
          I totally should have posted this before! The boarding pass template is Aylee's.
          Aylee’s Boarding Pass Template | i do it yourself?

Ya, the boarding pass really isn't very complicated at all! Designing it is the fun part! I am going to try the passports for my invites though!

Here are the dingbat fonts I used. sc by the sea font for my starfish, and wm trees font for the palm tree!

Let me know if you want anymore info!!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#5 emilyk78

emilyk78
          • 220 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

They turned out great!!! I love the pearlescent green cardstock - so pretty!
            ~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

#6 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
            • 2,727 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

your boarding passes are great! i love the colors, awesome job! && i totally agree with you about them being more annoying/difficult than i had originally thought...i was too happy to be done with them after i mailed them out!
              He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
              My Planning Thread

#7 skadow

skadow
              • Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

I really like them! They looks great. Congrats.

#8 Brandy

Brandy
                • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

Your hard work and "bumps" paid off because they look great!

#9 AishaB

AishaB
                  • 2,350 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

They look really good. All the hard work has definitely paid off.
                    BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#10 josietoms

josietoms
                    • 765 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

All that work has certainly paid off they look great - you would never end know they were DIY. Your guests will love them :-) x
                      Josie x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users