Who is walking you down the aisle? Is it ok to choose no one?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 Dilara

• 233 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

I had always pictured my dad walking me down the aisle... unfortunately that won't happen because he disowned me 3 years ago when he found out FI and I were serious about each other. He hasn't spoken to me since, despite my countless efforts, and has absolutely refused to attend the wedding or have anything to do with us after the wedding.

I don't have any family members in Canada other than my immediate family so I'll be walking by myself mid-way down the aisle and FI will come meet there so we can walk the rest of the way together.

#42 mreed

• 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

I am also going down by myself as well, and I am very proud of that decision.

#43 missy&eric2011

• 267 posts

I am walking down with my dad, but if for some reason, he wouldn't be able to make it, I would have had my brother walk me down; or even my sister who is my MOH.

#44 Valentine_Baby

• 452 posts

Sorry to hear about that Dilara.

#45 rkingtx

• 82 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

It's whatever you want to do. This wedding is for you and however you want to plan is perfectly right. It's not your job to make anyone happy but yourself.

#46 Dilara

• 233 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Valentine_Baby 

Sorry to hear about that Dilara.

Thank you 

#47 slyn

• 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

I understand the torn feeling. I've always pictured it being my dad and I, but my mom has recently been hinting that she would like it to be the 3 of us.  I don't know what to do!! It gets a little complicated bc my only sibling, older brother, died 10 years ago and ever since then it has been the"3 of us against the world." Do I suck it up and go for the 3 of us???

#48 DWBride615

• 852 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

My dad will be walking me down the aisle, but I saw something at a wedding that I thought was a good idea. If you want to walk yourself down the aisle, then you can have your dad/mom/or both lead you into the room or wherever you're having the ceremony. Then as soon as you reach the beginning of the aisle, he/she/they give you a kiss and you walk down the aisle by yourself...they still play a part in it, but it's like you being you're own independent woman before you give yourself away to the love of your life rather than your dad or mom giving you away to him.

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#49 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
                  • 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

My situation is a little different.  I don't have the best relationship with my father but I have a great one with my stepfather, whom I call "Daddy."  My stepfather has been in my life since I was 1 year old.  So, I was torn between the two.  I decided that I wanted my stepfather to walk me down the aisle and I didn't care how hurt my father's feelings were because he wasn't there for me and this man stepped in and raised me as his own.  It's only right that I give him the honor of walking me down the aisle and "giving me away" which I don't mind.  I think "giving away" doesn't symbolize property but responsibility.  Your father is simply saying I have loved this girl all her life and have taken pleasure in raising her and now it's your turn to love her and provide for her and I trust her to you.

#50 JKL_WeddingMexico

• 130 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:55 AM

I am going to walk with my dad down the aisle as it is something I have dream of since I was a little girl. I think its a honour to walk down the aisle with the man who guided me through thick and thin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users