Turtle Bay Resort?? Feedback anyone?

AZKimberly

Has anyone been held their wedding and reception at Turtle Bay Resort?

Any feedback? Postive and negative?

Also, what was the cost of everything?

So far it seems expensive but I would love insight from someone who was actually married there.

Thanks!!!

TB is no more expensive than some of the other resorts. Actually, if anything they are slightly cheaper overall. They do provide a list of preferred vendors but you can bring in your own at not fee which is nice (unlike Kahala or Halekulani where you have no options). Their wedding "structure" (I wouldn't really call it a chapel) is nice for an outdoor ceremony with the protection from the sun/wind/rain if needed. I prefer the Kulima Point though (great views, pretty lawn area).

Watch some of the rooms there though. Some of the lower categories are dated, need some help. The beachfront cottages are awesome.

Email the resort for their wedding packages. They are pretty quick to reply and will get you all the info you need so you can accurately compare to other places you may be considering.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got married at Turtle Bay and everything was better than expected.  Planned the whole wedding by searching online and did it all with the help of the onsite wedding coordinator at TB.

The cost were reasonable as i had a small wedding of 17.  It basically works out like this.

There is a package you can download from the TB website that has all the info about the different locations to do the ceremony.  We chose The Pavillion, for that just in case it rains possibility.  It turned out to be a gorgeous day and we were still so happy to have choosen the Pavillion instead of being on the lawn or the beach in the outdoors.  It was more formal and the guest really enjoyed the Pavillion.  The cost was $1500 for the Ceremony in the Pavillion.  The other locations range from $1000 to $2500 for the ceremony.

Since it was a small wedding we went with the onsite restaurant.  Their fancy restaurant     

Just got married at Turtle Bay and everything was better than expected. Planned the whole wedding by searching online and did it all with the help of the onsite wedding coordinator at TB.

The cost were reasonable as I had a small wedding of 17. It basically works out like this.

There is a package you can download from the TB website that has all the info about the different locations to do the ceremony. We chose The Pavilion, for that just in case it rains possibility. It turned out to be a gorgeous day and we were still so happy to have chosen the Pavilion instead of being on the lawn or the beach in the outdoors. It was more formal and the guest really enjoyed the Pavilion. The cost was $1500 for the Ceremony in the Pavilion. The other locations range from $1000 to $2500 for the ceremony.

Since it was a small wedding we went with the onsite restaurant. Their fancy restaurant is 21 but they are not opened on Sunday which was the day of our wedding. So we lucked out and went with Ola's which is right on the beach. The food is cheaper and they do a fantastic wedding menu. Cost per person is anywhere from $69 to $89 for the meal only. Liquor is separate. You get an incredible amount of food. Appetizers to share and each person basically gets 2 entrees. Incredible. Not one person finished their meal and everyone was completely satisfied and truly enjoyed the meal. We did do the rehearsal dinner at 21 and honestly, 21 is a fancier restaurant but you're in Hawaii so go to Ola's Fantastic people there.... You're other choice is at the resort if you have more than 30 guests. I can't opine on the food with the resort but it will surely be more costly (because you have to rent the venue and the menu choices are more expensive than Ola's) and definitely not as good as Ola's.

The key is getting the right planner at Turtle Bay. You have to go with Mikilani, she is the best and will make the difference in the experience you receive. I had a different planner when I first started and they never returned my calls as it took a while to lock in the date. They were also no help in making the decision on the reception location. Everything changed when I luckily got assigned to Mikilani. She is thorough and efficient and provides so much help and suggestions. Even the ideas of a sand ceremony that made it feel special and is a reminder of our special time in Hawaii. Don't get me wrong, she is not perfect and your personal servant. She has many weddings to attend to and will probably give you more attention as the wedding date gets closer.

They provide a list of vendors, some of which we used.

Pastor Ron is the onsite Pastor that does service on Sunday's at the resort. Great choice. $250 + tip

Bianca Photography was fabulous. Cost was $2k for 4-5 hours but she was incredibly professional and well worth it.

Flowers were by Flower Farm. Cost about $1200 for Bouquet on Bride and maid of honor. All the rest of the floral for ceremony and reception. Very professional and highly recommended

Cake was Sweet as Sugar as we went for a Cake Pop wedding cake for 25 ppl that was a big hit. Do the red velvet. $400 - $500

We had a Male Musician. Young Hawaiian Guy. $200 or $250 Forgot his name but he is on the list and a great choice as well .

Make sure you take care of Mikilani if you can get her as she puts it all together

The one thing you have to splurge on as a couple getting married is a King Size beach cottage. The pictures online does not do it justice. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you walk in and there's fresh fruit and juice waiting for you, you really feel like you're in paradise. Search around and wait it out and you can probably get the room for less than $400 per night. The other choice is the wedding package rooms which are $200 a night. They were okay. I had a guest that went through Homeaway.com and got a 3br condo right next to resort. There is a main one that is right on the beach that is very nice. And a whole bunch of other timeshares and apt rentals that are nearby but not in walking distance of the resort. I still say to do the beach cottage. You won't regret it.

FYI.... Golf package is great deal for the guys or any golfers coming to the wedding... Horseback riding is great too. Snorkeling right on the beach at the resort. Lots of famous Shrimp Trucks nearby Resort and the town of Haleiwa is 20 min away. A truly fantastic time and can't wait to return for an Anniversary.

If you want to see more than watch the movie.. "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". The whole movie was done there. The room they had was the beach cottage and the dinner location was Ola's. The front desk in the movie overlooking the ocean is actually the lobby bar at the resort. Hope this helps..

Maciedog- Did you ever work with Sheri who is the catering sales manager? I am also planning on having my wedding there next year in June. I chose to have it at Kuilima Cove. Have you been to that location? I'm wondering if it's a nice ceremony venue. Would you be able to tell me more about your planning experience? I'm just worried how it will turn out planning from so far away. Did you get your wedding planner after you signed your contract?

Maciedog- Did you ever work with Sheri who is the catering sales manager? I am also planning on having my wedding there next year in June. I chose to have it at Kuilima Cove ceremony & reception. Have you been to that location? I'm probably will only be having less than 30 people. I'm wondering if it's a nice ceremony venue. Would you be able to tell me more about your planning experience? I'm just worried how it will turn out planning from so far away. Did you get your wedding planner after you signed your contract? Did you also get a discount for your room?