Photo

Attn all future ror brides

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 Shakara

Shakara
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

By the way.... the HEAD wedding person from mexico was actually there.... and he was useless. its the people at ROR that you have to work with. Tina the W.C. wasnt that great either.. everything i said Chandlyn was promised us, she replied policy is this..... and thats why she's not here.... and well she's not here.... or do you have proof.... it was annoying.

I am not trying to scare my future ROR brides at all.... the wedding was fantastic!! Just be prepared and stand up for what you want. In the end your the bride you have the money and they WILL back down.

#12 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
    • 188 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

I have emailed the ROR ALL our booked confirmations with Chandlyn today. I also have printed out ALL the correspondence between myself and Chandlyn as well as all the unreplied emails I have sent.

I am super nervous that all the work we have put in will be useless. Who even knows if they have our wedding booked

#13 sweetluna

sweetluna
      • 183 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

Wow girls, thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it but I'm super concerned about my wedding now. It isn't until November so I pray that this Tina Dunbar can get everything in order and know her job by the time I get there. I'm seriously worried and I do not appreciate a company that stands behind the excuse of "policy" at the expense of the customer. The way that situation was handled is SOOOO not cool!!!

#14 NiagaraBridetobe

NiagaraBridetobe
        • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

Jen sorry to hear about your day! I hope you have been financially compensated for this. Thanks for the heads up for future ROR brides. I read great reviews on Chandlyn and it's sad to hear that she was let go. I do hope her replacement can fill these big shoes.

#15 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
          • 188 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

Does anyone know if the dj equipment has an ipod dock or another way to connect an ipod to the equipment?

I am pulling my hair out to get this question answered. Knowing that Chandlyn got fired makes sense for the month-long delay in email responses but I really just need to know if we should bring our own dock or if they have one.

#16 Shakara

Shakara
            • 193 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

YES there is an IPOD hook up!

#17 hutchets

hutchets
              • 195 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

That is insane and I feel for you that had to deal with it. They should have communicated with each of the brides asap and did what they could to make it right. I'm getting married there April 2011. I hope they have things figured out. Chandlyn was one of the reasons I went ahead and booked with ROR..All of the great reviews etc... Guess I will email them back to ensure we are on the books!
                Theresa
                Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#18 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
                • 188 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Shakara
                  YES there is an IPOD hook up!

THANK YOU!!!

Did you use it or hire a dj? I am torn because I have specific songs I want to play (parent's dance, first dance etc) but I don't want to be worrying about the order of music and all that.

#19 btn1091

btn1091
                  • 180 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

Ladies... I would also pack with you copies of your notarized documents and printed copies of your emails with Chandyln (anything that has price quotes- or booking arrangements) Good luck with all of this... and try to enjoy your vacation/ wedding!! I hope they have this all cleared up for you soon!!

#20 jennster_04

jennster_04
                    • 176 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

wow that crazy hun
                      Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users