Attn all future ror brides

Yeah, unfortunately.  I really liked her just from the emails and was looking forward to meeting her.  She probably would have done a lot better a job with my wedding!  I wouldn't have even minded being ripped off if it meant a perfect wedding day!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our wedding was July 10th and Antoinette was our WC. She had been on the job 2 weeks and she gave us a lot of freebies. But we think the reason was because Chandlyn NEVER contacted us & we sent emails to all their websites and NO ONE answered us. We were very worried when we left New Jersey not knowing what to expect when we got there (we had 34 adults and 3 children). She gave us the steel drum for free for the ceremony and the white chairs. The only problem was that we wanted the reception at Mammee Bay and everything was already booked so we ended at Seagrape (BUT she gave us the Mammee Bay menu!).

Also, we rented to play our CD's and we thought we could dance there. Not so, there was another wedding having their music on the beach right below and we had to combine our dancing with theirs. Overall, we were happy with the wedding and we do recommend Michael for the wedding pictures and Greg for the video shoot. We have great pictures and the video was worth the money.

Regards,

Ana (mother of the bride)

Did you have things booked before you got there or did you have to start 'fresh' seeing that there was a change in WC?  I'm worried because I booked the poolside reception and did receive confirmation that it would be held for me but also heard that when Chandlyn left, she took all the files with her.  I tried contacting the new WC just to make sure that what I had previously booked with Chandlyn is still reserved for me but of course, I haven't received any emails from them at all.

Originally Posted by Ana Alvarez View Post

Our wedding was July 10th and Antoinette was our WC. She had been on the job 2 weeks and she gave us a lot of freebies. But we think the reason was because Chandlyn NEVER contacted us & we sent emails to all their websites and NO ONE answered us. We were very worried when we left New Jersey not knowing what to expect when we got there (we had 34 adults and 3 children). She gave us the steel drum for free for the ceremony and the white chairs. The only problem was that we wanted the reception at Mammee Bay and everything was already booked so we ended at Seagrape (BUT she gave us the Mammee Bay menu!).

Also, we rented to play our CD's and we thought we could dance there. Not so, there was another wedding having their music on the beach right below and we had to combine our dancing with theirs. Overall, we were happy with the wedding and we do recommend Michael for the wedding pictures and Greg for the video shoot. We have great pictures and the video was worth the money.

Regards,

Ana (mother of the bride)

Antoinette has been really good about communicating. She seems to carry a Blackberry with her. try emailing mice.ori@riu.com

Originally Posted by hiccups View Post

Did you have things booked before you got there or did you have to start 'fresh' seeing that there was a change in WC?  I'm worried because I booked the poolside reception and did receive confirmation that it would be held for me but also heard that when Chandlyn left, she took all the files with her.  I tried contacting the new WC just to make sure that what I had previously booked with Chandlyn is still reserved for me but of course, I haven't received any emails from them at all.

Thanks...that's the email address I've been using and still no response!!

Originally Posted by JennandMike08 View Post

Antoinette has been really good about communicating. She seems to carry a Blackberry with her. try emailing mice.ori@riu.com

Nothing was planned because we never received any answers to our emails. If you have emails confirming your pool side reception, bring them. But what I think is that the WC's are trying to do things as they come up. Maybe by now they (when we went to the office there were 2 girls as WC's) have caught up with what Chandlyn left behind. Don't forget that they have 3-4 weddings a day (except for Sunday's). I would keep emailing Antoinette by forwarding your emails with Chandlyn.

Ana

I also wanted to book a few things so I contacted the WC at ROR a few months ago (even though I'm not getting married until Feb. 2011).  I received prompt responses from Chandlyn as well as her assistant, Roxanne (I believe that was her name) and got the poolside recetion booked.  I happened to go there for vacation/site visit in May and met with Chandlyn as well and booked a few more things such as the steel band, DJ, etc.  I read elsewhere that when Chandlyn got let go, she took everyone's files with her so I'm assuming that everything that I had previously booked is no longer on file.  I emailed the new WC a month a half ago to confirm what I had previously booked is still on hold for me, but have yet to hear from anyone.  The poolside reception is listed at $65 per person for 2011 weddings, however when I met with Chandlyn, she said she would charge me $55 per person and DJ is $150 an hour. I don't know if these prices are correct as I read that she was overcharging and expecting payment in cash so she could pocket the money....I don't know what the actual costs are suppose to be!

Originally Posted by hchiasson View Post

I'm getting married at ROR march 2011...did not gt any e-mail from WC yet...I know it's still early but I want to book a few things, How much did it cost for your pool side reception?? Did you hire a DJ?

Thanks

Email your complaints to ALL of these email addresses:

customerserviceamericas01@riu.com weddings@riu.com faguilar@riu.com and clubhotel.ochorios@riu.com

I'm not sure what the actual prices are either because when I was there for our wedding, other couples were charged different prices for things we had booked as well.  The WC I had to deal with when we were there told me all the prices I had been quoted were wrong except the $1000 to book the Plantation restuarant for 4 hours.  And these were prices that were listed on the RIU site as well.  I really don't know how anyone can really know what things cost!  :S

If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't heard a response to my complaints about the problems on our wedding...which was July 5th.  But on the other hand, they already have my money.