Sign in to follow this  
pat291

newbie--destination wedding in Jamaica?

i have wanted to get married in Jamaica, but i am finding it is sooo expensive! i have yet to find a resort that offers a wedding under 10,000 dollars! and i plan on having a long engagement too! so no worries!!

Yikes! Are you looking at high-end boutique resorts only? Our basic wedding package at the Iberostar is $2100 and we are expecting about another 1500 in add-ons for our group of 25-30. If you are on a serious budget there are even resorts in Jamaica that offer free weddings. Check out the Gran Bahia and the Riu. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Gin Bootles View Post

i have wanted to get married in Jamaica, but i am finding it is sooo expensive! i have yet to find a resort that offers a wedding under 10,000 dollars! and i plan on having a long engagement too! so no worries!!

cool yea i am actually looking at the cheapest route, and i love Jamaica.. its just hard to find fully inclusive and able to bring kids... arghhhh thanks.. any other pieces of advice to look at

Originally Posted by Nikadawn View Post

Yikes! Are you looking at high-end boutique resorts only? Our basic wedding package at the Iberostar is $2100 and we are expecting about another 1500 in add-ons for our group of 25-30. If you are on a serious budget there are even resorts in Jamaica that offer free weddings. Check out the Gran Bahia and the Riu. Good luck!

I would strongly recommend the Gran Bahia in Ocho Rios. We were there for a wedding in February and that couple did if super inexpensively. Their wedding ceremony, cake ,champagne, bouquet, were all free for having a certain number of rooms booked by guests (not very many, I think there were less than 30 of us kids included), their daughter was free as a bonus they earned, and instead of a reception they just went to the disco for the night. The trick for them was to ask their travel agent to book them with a tour company that offered lots of perks and incentives (I think they used Sunwing) so they got discounts and upgrades for every 3 rooms booked with their wedding group.

cool yea i am actually looking at the cheapest route, and i love Jamaica.. its just hard to find fully inclusive and able to bring kids... arghhhh thanks.. any other pieces of advice to look at

We are getting married at Beaches Sandy Bay in Negril, Jamaica in January.  We are going with the "free w/ 6 nights stay" Beautiful Beginnings wedding package.  You can always add on or bring some of your own additions.  We chose Beaches SB because it is kid friendly, all-inclusive, on beautiful 7mile beach, very affordable and has only 128 rooms which makes it very quaint and less chaotic which my fiance is definitely looking forward too.  

I have a thread under Destination Wedding in Jamaica that a few great ladies have posted pics on; I too have some pics of Beaches Sandy Bay and Beaches Negril if you are interested PM me your email.  My TA took the pics when she was there recently.

Another reason for choosing SB is that we can take the hourly shuttle over to Beaches Negril to utilize the water park, spa, restaurants and bars at no extra expense!!!  This makes the dinner/bar options double since they are "sister" resorts and they include shuttle service to/fro the airport at no extra expense either!

Enjoy and have fun!

If you don't mind me asking what was affordable prices at beaches sandy bay? I looked into prices at beaches negril as I loved the resort but it was VERY expensive. 

If you still are looking for a fabulous wedding / event planner to make your destination wedding in Jamaica a dream I suggest you consider GrandeGarden. ( facebook.com/EventsbyGG ) Our location in Jamaica is Montego Bay. 

Here is some positive feedback from one of our brides:

"I wanted to thank you, profusely, for your involvement in our wedding this past July 4th. Every aspect of our planning,
as extensive & detailed as I made it to be, was beautifully executed.
My bouquet was exquisite, the flowers at the ceremony on the chairs & pedestals were lovely, the reception site at Seaside was transformed into a lovely venue, and the gift bags turned out wonderfully -- our
guests truly enjoyed them. 
Everything that we discussed was delivered exactly as I had requested, and we are extremely grateful & appreciative. I wish the other aspects of our wedding & reception had
been planned by GrandeGarden as. 

Thank you again, so very much. You were a pleasure to work with."

Sincerely,

a Happy Bride

Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials, i got married in Montego bay, Jamaica and it was the best thing i ever done.    My husband and i was married at the Hilton Rose resort and Spa and had our reception at the Satori resort which was organise by the wonderful Dawn who was a consummate professions and exceeded all of our expectations.  She was able to organise our reception within a reasonable budget (the Hilton Rose Hotel was really expensive) and would not have provided the intimate surrounding for my husband, myself and our guest.    I would definately recommend that anyone getting married should contact Dawn,so that she can make your dreams come true, and provide a stress free, organised and elegant wedding, reception, party etc.

She is definately the woman that can.

Please visit her wedsite (it does not do her justice by the way) www.jamaicaelegantweddings.com/