Photo

Same First Name

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ThefutureMrsBrown

ThefutureMrsBrown
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

FI and I have the same first name “Kelly” but his friends and I call him by his middle name Devin and he calls me by my middle name Stephanie. Well when I sent out our wedding invitations I wanted to be formal so of course I used our full names; ever since then his friends have been joking with him about his first name. All this time they never knew his name was Kelly. I think its funny, but he’s not to happy about it
    **I offically make my debut as Mrs. Brown on Oct 16, 2010.**

Kelly & Devin Best Friends for Life!!!!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

LOL that is funny!

#3 SDSteph

SDSteph
      • 812 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Thas really funny! I would have fun with it. My name is also Stephanie and my FI is Kelly but Kelly is his last name but we all call him Kelly. So I will be Stephanie Kelly. His ex of 5 years was Kelly and thank goodness they didn't marry becasue of the obious and her name would have been Kelly Kelly! haha
        Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#4 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

I would definitely be poking fun at myself (and my FI for that matter too) if we both were to be "Kelly Brown and Kelly Brown". I would have SO much fun with that! And tell Kelly not to worry because Kelly is VERY common as a male name here. Actually I think I know more males named Kelly than I do females... And besides, he could have been given a really ridiculous name, like Apple! lol

And to get married and be "Kelly Kelly" would be HILARIOUS! Even more hilarious because I actually watch wrestling (I know, I know lol) and one of the female wrestlers is actually named Kelly Kelly lol

#5 tracy0716

tracy0716
          • 431 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Very funny! Do you both get mail addressed to Kelly?? That can be headache...

#6 ThefutureMrsBrown

ThefutureMrsBrown
            • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis
              I would definitely be poking fun at myself (and my FI for that matter too) if we both were to be "Kelly Brown and Kelly Brown". I would have SO much fun with that! And tell Kelly not to worry because Kelly is VERY common as a male name here. Actually I think I know more males named Kelly than I do females... And besides, he could have been given a really ridiculous name, like Apple! lol

And to get married and be "Kelly Kelly" would be HILARIOUS! Even more hilarious because I actually watch wrestling (I know, I know lol) and one of the female wrestlers is actually named Kelly Kelly lol
              Too Funny!!

#7 ThefutureMrsBrown

ThefutureMrsBrown
              • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tracy0716
                Very funny! Do you both get mail addressed to Kelly?? That can be headache...
                Ummm that would give me a good excuse to open his mail but he goes by his middle name, Devin.

#8 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                • 2,458 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

That is funny....and I like the Kelly Kelly story too
                  Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

thats hilarious! i love that he never told his buddies. i also like that you used both kellys for the formal invites, i think its really special and shows yet another bond between the two of you :)

#10 hoyt75

hoyt75
                  • 371 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

That's to funny... thanks for making me smile today :) Think of all the people and companies you will confuse for the rest of your lives! You could have a lot of fun with this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users