Newbie! - Aruba June 2011

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 foops&smoops

foops&smoops
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hello Carrie, :-)

Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the site!

I'm getting married in Aruba at the Riu Palace on Monday May 9th 2011

Have you picked a place yet?

I'm curious if you know any DJ's or Videographers?  Its so tough getting in touch with them?

Jamie

#12 angel3379

angel3379
    • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

Thanks everyone!!!  From what I've read so far, this website is extremely helpful!  I changed my wedding date from Sept to June 24th, 2011.  We're are looking at 3 different places - Renaissance, Westin, and Radisson.  I'm leaning towards the Renaissance since it has the private island.  I'd love to talk to other brides who have gotten married here.  I'm planning on about 100 guests and from what I've seen so far, the prices seem kind of high. I'm going to visit the resorts in October, but I'm getting nervous that I need to book my date before my visit.  Any thoughts? 

#13 angel3379

angel3379
      • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Oh and I haven't worked w/ any of the vendors just yet.  I'm just focused on booking a place right now! =)

#14 Sheree10

Sheree10
        • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

Welcome and Congrats!  I got married a few weeks ago at the Aruba Renaissance resort and everything was fabulous!

I wrote a review and you can find it in the resort review section. There are also a few threads in the Islands section with some Aruba info.

PM me if you have any questions.

Happy Planning!!

http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#15 Sheree10

Sheree10
          • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

Check out my Aruba Wedding review... I shared info about my vendors.

Originally Posted by foops&smoops 

Hello Carrie, :-)

Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the site!

I'm getting married in Aruba at the Riu Palace on Monday May 9th 2011

Have you picked a place yet?

I'm curious if you know any DJ's or Videographers?  Its so tough getting in touch with them?

Jamie

http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#16 arubabeachbride

arubabeachbride
            • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

Hi Carrie,

I've just joined this website and am looking to connect with Aruba brides. We are hoping to get married in Aruba October 2011. Our first choice is also the Renissance. I love the thought of the private island. I wasn't sure by your post if you were getting married this past September or in 2011. Anyways, if you have made any decisions or have any advice about Aruba, I'd love to connect. I've ordered some books from the library and have done some searching on the internet. I am super excited about Aruba for our destination wedding! I am currently getting pricing from our travel company and am keeping fingers crossed that it will be in our price range.

Cheers,

Jenn

#17 sinesbride

sinesbride
              • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

I hear aruba is awesome. I've never been there. We are getting married on a cruise so...I can't help much, but wanted to welcome you to the board.

#18 Bunny121009

Bunny121009
                • 83 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

Congrats and welcome to the BDW Forum Aruba great choice, it's so beautiful there.

Happy Planning!

#19 AnnCam2011

AnnCam2011
                  • 95 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

Did you pick your location? We are planning on the Renaissance for our wedding - just need to get the deposit sent in but are waiting to hear back from the WC on one more number. Eee!

Originally Posted by angel3379 

Thanks everyone!!!  From what I've read so far, this website is extremely helpful!  I changed my wedding date from Sept to June 24th, 2011.  We're are looking at 3 different places - Renaissance, Westin, and Radisson.  I'm leaning towards the Renaissance since it has the private island.  I'd love to talk to other brides who have gotten married here.  I'm planning on about 100 guests and from what I've seen so far, the prices seem kind of high. I'm going to visit the resorts in October, but I'm getting nervous that I need to book my date before my visit.  Any thoughts? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users