Photo

Michelle May 2012 Location Unknown - suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 mscaduto

mscaduto
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

My fiance and I got engaged in March and we're looking to get married in May 2012 but we're overwhelmed with choices. We would like to select an all inclusive that is relatively a short flight from NY - since this is where most of my guests will be coming from - and relatively inexpensive...not too cheap but middle of the road. I don't want people to have to spend thousands upon thousands to come to our wedding. Please make suggestions!!!! Thanks

#2 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
    • 1,029 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

I am deciding between Azul Sensatori and The Royal Cancun! If Mexico is on your list! Welcome and Congrats!!!
      Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#3 mscaduto

mscaduto
      • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for the reply Maggie...I'm excited to see someone replied to my post (lol). I've never used a forum before so I'm still trying to get the hang of things...I'm so overwhelmed with choices it's out of control! Have a great day!

#4 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
        • 2,458 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! We are getting married at an AI in the Turks & Caicos and it's only a 2 and a half hr flight from NY :) I think flights to the Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico and Dominican Republic would all be fairly short as well, and there are AI resorts at each location as well. I know selecting the resort can be overwhelming....I did months of research on my own before I made a decison (and I hadn't found this site yet either). But I think there are a couple of ways to make it a little easier on yourself. 1) Go to the wedding review section of this forum and read reviews from brides...most reviews include pics as well. 2) Use a travel agent to book your wedding and they will be able to help you make a decision as well. The TA's from this site (click on the link at the top of the page to find one) specialize in destination weddings and have tons and tons of info and can help you decide as well. Good luck picking your location and happy planning!!
          Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#5 AishaB

AishaB
          • 2,350 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:40 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Good luck!
            BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#6 rpingree001

rpingree001
            • 264 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I think you will find a world of information here to help you with your decision!

#7 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
              • 2,667 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hi,
              Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#8 AishaB

AishaB
              • 2,350 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your planning!
                BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#9 Jackie22

Jackie22
                • 336 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum!!! I'm glad you found this forum, you must have a really nice friend who told you to check out Best Destination Wedding Forum. Happy Searching!

#10 JanineA

JanineA
                  • 2,482 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

Welcome to the forum. Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users