Photo

Help me plan our Italy honeymoon...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

We leave for Italy on the redeye on Sept 18th and come home on Oct. 5th. We are flying into Rome and that is all that we know.

We've made a list of the cities/sites we'd like to see, but have no idea how long we should plan to visit each place, nor do we have any idea about where we should stay or if we should book hotels before we leave or play it by ear when we get there.

So, if anyone has any insight, please share. ...planning this trip is feeling more stressful than planning our wedding.

We want to visit the following places and probably in this order (we'll be traveling by train...if you have any tips regarding traveling by rail, please share).

Rome
    Florence
    Bologna
    Venice
    Modena (Tony wants to see the Ferrari exhibit)
    Parma
    Milan (maybe)
    Geoa
    Portifino
    Cinque Terre
    Pisa

If you have any other location suggestions that are on or near our route, please share those too.

Thanks for your help. We're feeling overwhelmed.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

How exciting! I've never been to Italy ... so can't offer any insight ... but can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

#3 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
      • VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

I have no help to give but I wanted to tell you how insanely jealous I am of you right now!!!! I bet you will have the most amazing time on your trip!!

#4 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:26 PM

how exciting!!! I'm so jealous...especially since you leave on my birthday :)

Can I fold myself up into your suitcase and go with you guys?

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

I echo Laura's jealousy.... I would lvoe to go there, my FI has no interest...

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:29 PM

florence was my favorite...it was charming and smaller and clean and they have an outlet outside of florence that sells gucci, fendi, etc.

instead of staying in venice (kind of crowded and smelly) i satyed on an island right off venice that had an hourly ferry to venice...

we also travelled alot by rail...1 make sure to get your own cabin...2 get a moneybelt so you can wear your money/passports to sleep

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the tips Tammy. How many nights did you spend in Florence and on the island outside of Venice? Was your stay long enough? Thanks!
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jessalyn
              Thanks for the tips Tammy. How many nights did you spend in Florence and on the island outside of Venice? Was your stay long enough? Thanks!
              stayed 3 night in florence 2 nights on the island...we also hit france and spain via train so our trip was 14 days total and a whirlwind...it was a girls shopping trip

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 BRIDEZILLA

BRIDEZILLA
              • 151 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

I second spending a few days in Florence (We spent 4 days three nights). It is a lovely city and very quaint. I’m not an art buff….but go see the David. It was mind blowing!!! I cannot express how it made me feel!

Cinque Terre is supposed to be amazing! I had friends that went there and they said you should spend at least two or three days. There are tails that you can walk between the little towns and the views are amazing!

We only stopped in Pisa for the day to see the tower. Trains run right through every couple of hours and you can lock up your stuff at the station.

We stayed in Rome for a week (we had two whole months) and Venice for five days. I recommend four to five days in Rome. It is massive and there is so much to see.

I am so jealous of you as well!!! Have fun!
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jessalyn
                We leave for Italy on the redeye on Sept 18th and come home on Oct. 5th. We are flying into Rome and that is all that we know.

We've made a list of the cities/sites we'd like to see, but have no idea how long we should plan to visit each place, nor do we have any idea about where we should stay or if we should book hotels before we leave or play it by ear when we get there.

So, if anyone has any insight, please share. ...planning this trip is feeling more stressful than planning our wedding.

We want to visit the following places and probably in this order (we'll be traveling by train...if you have any tips regarding traveling by rail, please share).

Rome
                Florence
                Bologna
                Venice
                Modena (Tony wants to see the Ferrari exhibit)
                Parma
                Milan (maybe)
                Geoa
                Portifino
                Cinque Terre
                Pisa

If you have any other location suggestions that are on or near our route, please share those too.

Thanks for your help. We're feeling overwhelmed.

Amber & Joe
                [sigpic][/sigpic]

http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png

#10 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

Amber and Tammy ....thanks for the info and suggestions...it is so helpful!!!
                  My new man....Donovan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users