Photo

What's For Dinner?!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#11 NaM

NaM
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

I try to make sure my plate is filled with majority fresh food and lots of colors as a rule of thumb. So my favorite quick meal to make is Parmesan Chicken Salad:
    -skinless, boneless chicken breast pounded thin (for quick cooking)
    -mix flour with salt and pepper and coat the chicken
    -dip coated chicken in egg that has been beat
    -cover chicken with mix of 1/2 part bread crumbs 1/2 part shredded asiago or parmesan cheese
    -heat up a dash of olive oil on skillet and cook chicken until it is cooked through and outside is golden brown and crisp
    -plate it and put tomato, cucumbers and onion on top (other veggies if you like and capers are great on this dish if you like them)
    -then top with a large handful of arugala
    -top with a a bit of non-creamy dressing such as italian

takes about 15-20 mintues to make and is delish!!!
    PS-If any Canadians eat at Cactus Club ever, this is my at home variation of the Rocket Salad.

#12 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Awesome thread Karla!

We're having lasagna tonight (my mom's recipe) which really is just ingredients because in my family we don't measure anything which makes it hard for me to share my recipes with people. Texas Toast garlic bread, and fresh spinach and romaine salad straight from our garden with all the fixings.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#13 KarenM

KarenM
      • 1,920 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

Love this thread!! Tonight we're having chicken breast marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette cooked under the broiler and risotto.

these recipes are good too

We usually substitute tricolor farfalle
        National Pasta Association: Chicken Tequila Fettuccine

Roman-style Chicken Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network

Easy Lemon Pasta with Chicken Recipe : Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network

One time I made this & stuffed the chicken breast with olive/sundried tomato mixture and another time I didn't stuff it all & just poured the olive mixture over the top. Both times I just served the couscous on the side
        Couscous Stuffed Chicken Breast with Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Kalamata Olives Recipe : : Food Network

#14 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

love this idea for a thread, karla, thanks! when T starts school i will have to be the one cooking dinner so i'm making sure i'm subscribed to this thread now for ideas!

#15 mdb

mdb
          • 190 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Pulled pork sandwiches and a salad. YUM.. put the pork in the crockpot with a pork mix and after several hours... YUM YUM it was done. I love easy cooking!

#16 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

This is more of a side than a entire dish, although I did make this and only this for DH and I the other day :)

It's SO good! I used Egg Beaters because I had run out of egg whites and I don't eat eggs really. They were so amazing, I can even stand it.

I have been talking about making Zucchini Pancakes constantly since I first made them - Zucchini Pancakes Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

this is part of my 5 ingredients or less recipes...super easy and fool proof:

Click the image to open in full size.

Tammy's Culinary Adventures Blog Archive Crispy 5 Spice Chicken Drumsticks

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#18 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

Those look so yummy Tammy! But you are such the chef! Everything you make looks so good.
                Happily married since 2008

#19 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

rachel, they are foolproof and could not be easier...just make sure the chicken is covered in oil so that it crisps up the chicken skin.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#20 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
                • 656 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

you ladies are all making me hungry! My FI makes a great Minestrone (beats the pants off of Olive Garden even, and that is saying something) He found it off a restaurant recipe copier, so I shall hunt for it to show you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users