DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
My reception is at the Seaside Grill. I'm expecting around 55 guests so I think it would be perfect for us. Half of the restaurant would be dinner tables. The other half would be the dancefloor/DJ.

As for the indoor/outdoor question. I consider the SS to be semi-outdoors. It's a circular open air restaurant (meaning no walls) right next to the beach. That's what I loved about it. You can hear the waves crashing but you don't have to get dirty in the sand.
So its kinda open, not really closed in? So by using it as half tables and half dance floor, you wouldn't really have to rent the dance floor?...I thought that seemed kind of expensive. FI really thinks we should reserve SG, but I just wanted to make sure it was worth it. Thanks for clearing it up!!!

I haven't really done anything for the actual reception, as far as buying favors, decorations or anything yet. I was trying to wait until I knew about how many people were coming. I'm tired of waiting! I bought the first things tonight!...fans and starfish bottle stoppers for favors! I was so excited. I told FI that I was in super wedding mode now...ready to start buying things!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much does it actually cost to rent a dance floor? How big is it too??

and lets just say I only want to use it for our first dance....

or is there anyway I can move to a whole other location just for our fist dance? (if we still decide to have the reception on the beach...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
How much does it actually cost to rent a dance floor? How big is it too??

and lets just say I only want to use it for our first dance....

or is there anyway I can move to a whole other location just for our fist dance? (if we still decide to have the reception on the beach...)
I think it was like $600...maybe, to rent it. I know it was something like that, I just remember it being pretty expensive to rent it. I'm not sure where you would actually put it for the dances. Thats why I pretty much decided against using it. I think there are lots of other places you could do dancing without having to rent it. I guess, I get so confused about all of these details. Now I kinda wish we would have done a site visit.

It's 600 bucks for a white, shiny platform. It gets used a lot for receptions on the beach to make dancing easier for the guests. I'm using it because I'm trying to give my reception a "loungey" type of look. I'm looking into renting white couches to place around the dancefloor and small matching end tables with candles and stuff. But, if you are having your reception at the SS I don't think you HAVE to rent the dancefloor. I can definitely see why many people get it for the beach though.

And yes, I get your whole wedding mode. I've waited so long to buy things because I always felt our wedding was so far away. But now we are about 5 months out. Time to go turbo shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J2008 View Post
So its kinda open, not really closed in? So by using it as half tables and half dance floor, you wouldn't really have to rent the dance floor
It's COMPLETELY OPEN, winds, bugs and all, so really I guess it should be considered as an outdoor option. but there is a roof so you are okay if it rains. There are tons of pictures posted if you go back a bit. Or go to my review (link below) and in the review there is a link for "resort photos" and I took tons of photos of the resort, there are some of the seaside grill.

No you would not have to rent the dance floor, as there is a floor in the restaurant. So as long as your group's dinner tables didn't take up the entire restaurant you could dance, BUT you have to rent the restaurant privately for that. Also the new dinner policy is that you can only reserve this restaurant if capacity is less than 70% and this can only be confirmed 1 hour before your wedding.

If you eat elsewhere, you could do your first dance next to the pool, or outside of the disco (just bring the ipod dock from your room, but you'll need batteries). This isn't really officially allowed (but not not allowed either!) but as long as it was like semi impromptu and you weren't blarring music and it only takes 5 minutes I'm sure it would be fine. If you want a full out night of dancing you could go to the disco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Also the new dinner policy is that you can only reserve this restaurant if capacity is less than 70% and this can only be confirmed 1 hour before your wedding.
The brochure Landy sent me said they can confirm 1 month prior to the wedding:

THE PATIO RESTAURANT AND SEASIDE GRILL RESTAURANT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATEWEDDINGS
BUT THEY WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE HOTEL OCCUPANCY , IF THE HOTEL IS UNDER
70% OCCUPANCY THEN THE RESTAURANTS COULD BE RENTED SPECIALLY FOR THE WEDDING
WITH A FEE OF $750 USD .
The wedding planner could confirm the rent and availability of these two restaurants one month in advance , the
other locations can be reserved before than one month .

hey ladies...every time I pop in I need to catch up on at least half a dozen pages!

Monica - so excited for you & wishing you beautiful weather this week in Mexico :)

Thanks for posting the newest wedding guide (whoever that was, I've forgotten now)...I'm alittle concerned that even though we've been booked for over six months, they'll make us pay the new prices - after all, the old wedding guide had "prices subject to change without notice" written at the bottom of every page. HOWEVER, the new guide says they only do 2 weddings a day and there are 3 on my wedding day...so if they aren't abiding by the new rules, I don't think they'll expect us to. I'm optimistic and since I'm heading down in 3 or 4 weeks for my site visit, I'll get it all confirmed then. I'm not going to stress over it in the meantime - too much else to do :) I'll be sure to let you all know what Landy says...

oh - also, wanted to mention that my TA was able to find a supplier to match the rates on dreamsdays.com. It took FOREVER (2-3 months), but thrilled that it finally happened. my family has already booked with dreamdays, but good to know there are other, similarly priced options. Once I find out the name of the supplier, I'll let y'all know.

OH - and I want to rent lounge furniture for our reception...I know there are some other brides who want to do this as well. If you've been able to confirm the who/what/where/$$ of renting, please let me know. And if I get those details myself, I'll be sure to post them here (or in the new thread...whenever it begins - YAY!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
oh - also, wanted to mention that my TA was able to find a supplier to match the rates on dreamsdays.com. It took FOREVER (2-3 months), but thrilled that it finally happened. my family has already booked with dreamdays, but good to know there are other, similarly priced options. Once I find out the name of the supplier, I'll let y'all know.

OH - and I want to rent lounge furniture for our reception...I know there are some other brides who want to do this as well. If you've been able to confirm the who/what/where/$$ of renting, please let me know. And if I get those details myself, I'll be sure to post them here (or in the new thread...whenever it begins - YAY!)

Neen, I want the lounge furniture!! I've emailed Landy about it but haven't heard back from her. Do u mind getting us info for it? I know the furniture would have to come from an outside vendor but my question is do we have to contact the company ourselves? Or would Landy do it? And also, what are the prices?
Thanks.