DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

• Please log in to reply
1009 replies to this topic

#51 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

Lisa, what is Fiesta Night?

Do you remenber what they do on Wednesday nights?

#52 nylalany

nylalany
    • 625 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:09 PM

And what events are on Saturday and Sunday nights? Thanks!

#53 bride_2_b08

bride_2_b08
      • 244 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:21 AM

I have emailed Sandra a few times over the past month asking about fire dancers and had heard nothng back. I know she is very busy, but it has never taken her this long to respond. I think I will just see if I can hire dancers or something for entertainment.
        HIKING IN BLUE MOUNTAINS AUSTRALIA

#54 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DreamsTulumBride
          Lisa, what is Fiesta Night?

Do you remenber what they do on Wednesday nights?
          Fiesta night - they have tables and tables full of awesome mexican food, and they perform lots of dances and mexican themed things. It was alot of fun. You have to eat the corn on the cob!! The way they make it looks icky but it was my fav and I ate 3 of them.

I'm trying to think what was on Wednesday....we arrived on Wednesday and for some reason my brain is not working. Let me try to think of the week and I'll get back with you guys on what days they did what.

#55 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
          • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by trisha0612
            See, she emailed me this past week saying that I have successfully booked my date, but I have yet to make my final reservations with our TA! I just filled out all of the paperwork, told her our expected times, and let her know I couldn't make any flight arrangements yet b/c it's too early and they won't allow you to even book flights that far in advance....

I better not get "bumped"!
            ok so I got the info thing I have to fill out and e-mail it back to them, but I have a question...?? ?? when it comes to the "Documents required for civil wedding" part and the "Information required from wedding couple, parents & witnesses" part... you obviously didnt have to fill out this portion did you?? ?

did you just send in the "wedding info" portion?

#56 babycow

babycow
            • 367 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dreamstbride
              ok so I got the info thing I have to fill out and e-mail it back to them, but I have a question...?? ?? when it comes to the "Documents required for civil wedding" part and the "Information required from wedding couple, parents & witnesses" part... you obviously didnt have to fill out this portion did you?? ?

did you just send in the "wedding info" portion?
              Hi. I'm having a symbolic ceremony and so did not fill out the the info for the parents and witnesses. I sent mine to Landy and asked to send back if she needed more filled out- she didn't, so I'm assuming that I did it right. Also, I have not booked yet, but I know my TA(Tammy) contacted DT initially to get available dates. Doesn't sound too standardized, more like they go by individual basis.
              Just wondering when you are confirmed for a date, do you get a number or some sort of guarantee they wont give your date to someone else?
              I didn't get a anything other than Landy saying it is confirmed- i'm having Tammy check for me again before continuing the booking process.
              http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
              Erica and Tim
              Dreams Tulum
              Mexico
              May 17, 2008

#57 nylalany

nylalany
              • 625 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

I have yet to hear back about dates too and am thinking of trying to just call instead. I did get an automated response with a brochure though.

I'm wondering about room quality - I read a ton of negative reviews about the rooms at Dreams Tulum - and a lot of recommendations to stay in the newer rooms vs. the older rooms. Can anyone who has been there expand on that? Also, I read about sulfur and mold smells and as I'm very sensitive to smell I'm wondering if this was an issue for anyone who visited.

I'm wondering if they still just have salt-water showers, or if there are fresh-water showers in the newer rooms vs. the older rooms?

Is there a huge price difference btwn the two? Can you request a room block for the new rooms only for your guests?

Thanks!

#58 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
                • 161 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

also... another side question? ?? Does Dreams Tulum have a Disco?? ?

In the brochures and web site it mentions nothing of the sort... but I know I remember reading in a DT thread some where... that there is a Disco...

just curious! :)

#59 trisha0612

trisha0612
                  • 491 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

Hmmm...so many questions. I have no idea about any of the room since we are not doing our site visit until February. Maybe if you contact Tammy (host) she can help you out. I really hope the old rooms are not that bad. I'm not sure which ones we are blocking....this hole planning process gets more and more interesting everyday!
                    Travis & Trish
                    10-10-08
                    Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#60 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
                    • 161 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dreamstbride
                      also... another side question? ?? Does Dreams Tulum have a Disco?? ?

In the brochures and web site it mentions nothing of the sort... but I know I remember reading in a DT thread some where... that there is a Disco...

just curious! :)
                      Im going to BUMP that :) hehehe!!! Disco?

also....

Does Dreams Tulum allow outside photographers We have a photographer flying down with us! and he will be staying at the resort as well... is he considered an "outside photographer" ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users