DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahagamy View Post
Does anyone know the procedure for booking the photographer? Do you do it through the Dreams ladies or do you contact the photographer yourself?
Once you book your wedding with them it will be taken care of by the WC. On busy days they will have 3 photogs on site to take care of all the weddings.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one month before your wedding you will get an information form to fill out that asks what services you want. That being said you can always change your mind after, even up until your wedding day. the form just gives them an idea of what they will need to do for you. So that is when you would indicate your interest in using the resort's photographer

Another question hopefully someone will be able to help me with. When you put a deposit down for your trip, will they give a confirmation number so I can 100% confirm the date or does the trip have to be paid in full? I have heard from the resort that my date is available but can't confirm because I don't have anything booked yet?

Thank you ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahagamy View Post
Another question hopefully someone will be able to help me with. When you put a deposit down for your trip, will they give a confirmation number so I can 100% confirm the date or does the trip have to be paid in full? I have heard from the resort that my date is available but can't confirm because I don't have anything booked yet?
Thank you ladies!
In order to book your date you have to reserve a room. With a room reservation, the WC will hold your date and honor it. Sometimes they ask for flight reservations as well but if you haven't booked your airfare it's still ok. All you need is to reserve your room!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Oh Gosh! Is that another thing I have to worry about?! I was there in late January and really didn't feel the mosquitoes. Wondering if they are in high bloom late November during my wedding? I've read it could be a problem so I was considering putting OFF! in my OOT bags.
Yes, i would def put OFF! in your OOT bags and maybe some Caladryl! Its the wet season in November still so there are quite a bit of mosquitoes. During the day it's fine, its only starting at dusk. I was in Akumal Beach Resort from Oct 31-Nov 5 in 2007 and i seriously came back with at least 10 bites. I forgot to bring anti-itch cream so suffered...

i'm sure you and your guests will be fine though! dont let the mosquitoes ruin your special day!! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykim7 View Post
Yes, i would def put OFF! in your OOT bags and maybe some Caladryl! Its the wet season in November still so there are quite a bit of mosquitoes. During the day it's fine, its only starting at dusk. I was in Akumal Beach Resort from Oct 31-Nov 5 in 2007 and i seriously came back with at least 10 bites. I forgot to bring anti-itch cream so suffered...

i'm sure you and your guests will be fine though! dont let the mosquitoes ruin your special day!! cheesy.gif
Thanks for the info! I've already started to look for mini size bug repellants and actually found some for $1.50 at Walgreen's. I'm cheap (and this was an unexpected expense) so I want to wait to see if they go on sale or if I can find them at the dollar store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J2008 View Post
Coba is the smallest room and Uxmal is the medium room. They all have the same style and decor, just different sizes. Chichen Itza is the largest room. It has a stage and a grand piano on the second section.

Hope this helps you guys!
Thanks for posting the pics of the ballroom...it looks really pretty. The large room is too large...how is the small room in comparison? Is it a lot smaller? I was thinking of having a welcome/rehearsal dinner in one of the rooms, but the big one will swallow my group! I'm not sure how many people for sure, but as of right now we have 18 booked so far.

Don't worry about the size. They have the ability to fit small groups, up to 20in the Coba room and then Uxmal has a way to separate in two so if your group is 30, then they can cut Uxmal in half or leave the bigger one. So there is a lot of flexibility to fit the room according to your size group.

The new ballroom is very well done. The bathrooms are gorgeous, the air conditioning rocks. So, for those of us who have to go there, it will be pretty nice.

Alincheer2.gif

we just booked our site visit - we're heading down in July. i know there will be a bunch of weddings before then (YAY! more reviews and pics!) but if anyone has anything specific they want to know or see pics of, let me know. i'll send a reminder when its gets closer

there are a few stores at the resort, they have t-shirts, hats and a bunch of other normal souvenirs. Price are normal to high depending on the item - my husband got a hat for 16$, tried to negotiate with them but they wouldn't. Some of the clothes was pretty expensive. There is also a jewelry store selling silver stuff - mostly very expensive I thought.

Twice during the week there were also vendors that came in selling blankets, carvings, sombreros, paintings and other crafts. My sister got a big mexican blanket (you can see it wrapped around my shoulders in one of my pictures) for 25$ (initial asking price 75$ but she bargained hard) and they had some different styled ones for cheaper.