DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Julie,

I ahve about 42 people coming to the wedding as well. I am selecting the ultimate package. We just received an updated wedding guide nad now I am not sure we can have our wedding outside with a DJ.

What did you do?

Also, I was wondering about the food for the cocktail hour/wedding. How was it? I don't like that I have ot pick only 1 entree for my guests.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie,

I have about 42 people coming to the wedding as well. I am selecting the ultimate package. We just received an updated wedding guide and now I am not sure we can have our wedding outside with a DJ.

What did you do?

Also, I was wondering about the food for the cocktail hour/wedding. How was it? I don't like that I have ot pick only 1 entree for my guests.

Sun Bride,

My wedding is 8/18. Very excited. I saw your site and everything looks beautiful. I posted a few questions to you about the gazebo. I really liked it and may do the same. Do you know who much tulle you used? Were the flowers in the sand and on the gazibo real?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa08 View Post
Julie,

I have about 42 people coming to the wedding as well. I am selecting the ultimate package. We just received an updated wedding guide and now I am not sure we can have our wedding outside with a DJ.

What did you do?

Hi Theresa!

I also did the ultimate package, but I do know that your choices are dependant on what is available on your particular day. My wedding was on a Friday, so I was able to book El Patio (I wanted outside, but not on sand) this provided an actual patio. We did tables of 6 and then had a head table with just my husband and me. Our DJ set up right next to the tables which left a good amount of room for dancing. I tried to find a picture of the set up but unfortunately I could not find out that showed the layout well. I will say it worked perfectly for our group!

The food was one of the things my guests went crazy for, many said it was the best wedding food they have ever had! It was 5 courses so even though you can pick one entree (I did the surf and turf) you can mix other things in other courses. We literally couldn't eat all the food we were given! (I would suggest just going with the wedding cake, I did two deserts and no one ate the wedding cake because it was served last and they were full! Also the servers were amazing! There were only two working our wedding but they were so fast and made sure everyone had a full drink. Here was what I selected:
1.- MUSHROOM STUFFED WITH CREAM CHEESE WITH BLACK TRUFFLE
2.- SMOKED SALMON ON MELBA BREAD (FAVORITE!)
3.- PROSCIUTTO AND MELON

Dinner
SHRIMP PUFF PASTRY IN A CORIANDER AND TOMOTO SAUCE
SHRIMP BISQUE WITH ARTICHOKES
MIXED ITLALIANS LETTUCE WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
SURF AND TURF
VANILLA PUFF PASTRY WITH COGNAC SAUCE
and
Wedding cake
Number: GOLDEN 01
Flavor : CHOCOLATE
Filling (only ultimate ) : STRAWBERRY

Congrats Julie! Thanks so much for sharing all the details with us...every good review makes me feel better and better about our choice!!! I can't wait to go look at your pics! I'm wondering already if you know the name of the person who did your hair and makeup?

Sorry I've been MIA, work has been crazy but I'm leaving next Thursday for Mexico and I will see if I can get the following from Landy (just added to my list!):

- example of spreadsheet

- list of linen/chair bow colors (pics too if I can)

- different table sizes

- music list for the DJ

- the real deal with music for an outside wedding

Let me know if there are other things you ladies would like me to find out about...I'm starting to feel bad for Landy already with all the questions I'm going to through at her, but I'm sure she'll have all the answers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanddonnie View Post
Hi Theresa!

I also did the ultimate package, but I do know that your choices are dependant on what is available on your particular day. My wedding was on a Friday, so I was able to book El Patio (I wanted outside, but not on sand) this provided an actual patio. We did tables of 6 and then had a head table with just my husband and me. Our DJ set up right next to the tables which left a good amount of room for dancing. I tried to find a picture of the set up but unfortunately I could not find out that showed the layout well. I will say it worked perfectly for our group!

The food was one of the things my guests went crazy for, many said it was the best wedding food they have ever had! It was 5 courses so even though you can pick one entree (I did the surf and turf) you can mix other things in other courses. We literally couldn't eat all the food we were given! (I would suggest just going with the wedding cake, I did two deserts and no one ate the wedding cake because it was served last and they were full! Also the servers were amazing! There were only two working our wedding but they were so fast and made sure everyone had a full drink. Here was what I selected:
1.- MUSHROOM STUFFED WITH CREAM CHEESE WITH BLACK TRUFFLE
2.- SMOKED SALMON ON MELBA BREAD (FAVORITE!)
3.- PROSCIUTTO AND MELON

Dinner
SHRIMP PUFF PASTRY IN A CORIANDER AND TOMOTO SAUCE
SHRIMP BISQUE WITH ARTICHOKES
MIXED ITLALIANS LETTUCE WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
SURF AND TURF
VANILLA PUFF PASTRY WITH COGNAC SAUCE
and
Wedding cake
Number: GOLDEN 01
Flavor : CHOCOLATE
Filling (only ultimate ) : STRAWBERRY
Julie,

Thanks so much, this was so helpful. But I have a few more questions for you, if you don't mind.

1. Did you use the house DJ? Did you like him?
2. When you booked, was the "new" wedding guide out? I booked when the old wedding guide was available and I was confirmed for the Seaside Grill, outdoors, private event (because I want a DJ, which means they have to close the restuarant) and I am just trying to find out of they honor that. I did read in one of these threads that the are not allowing any new bookings to close the restuarant, but if confirmed prior, can I still get it? I am more concerned that I get to have my reception outdoors with a DJ and I see that they added so more outdoor areas for weddings, so that may be ok.
3. Just trying to understand what you meant when you said you couldn't eat all of the food given, were the portions that large, etc.? Also, what else did you mix in?
4. How many hours was the reception?

Thanks for the tips on the appetizers, we changed ours to what you had.

If you have any pictures, I would love to see them.

Thanks again!!!!!

Quote:
2. I booked when the old wedding guide was available and I was confirmed for the Seaside Grill, outdoors, private event (because I want a DJ, which means they have to close the restuarant) and I am just trying to find out of they honor that. I did read in one of these threads that the are not allowing any new bookings to close the restuarant, but if confirmed prior, can I still get it?
Another bride (sorry, can't remember who, there are so many of us on here!)posted a few pages ago saying that she talked to Lizzette (Landy's new assistant) and was told that because she had booked when the old policies were in place that they were going to honor that. I highly doubt you will have any problem because the new guide just came out and your wedding is only a month away, so likely everybody getting married around this time are still working off the old policies. However is somebody is getting married a year or more from now, I think they'll have to be careful to make sure they still honor the old policies (I'm sure they will, just bring a dated email as proof or something, and check with them about it beforehand, like maybe now and again a month before your wedding).

Quote:
Sun Bride,

My wedding is 8/18. Very excited. I saw your site and everything looks beautiful. I posted a few questions to you about the gazebo. I really liked it and may do the same. Do you know who much tulle you used? Were the flowers in the sand and on the gazibo real?
Wow, your wedding is only a month away!

If you check out my review and the Qs&As that follow there is lots of info about the gazebo decoration and aisle flowers.