DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
Ok!!! am I allowed to be madhuh.gif?

Another Dreams Tulum Bride contacted me on our wedding website to let me know that her wedding will be the exact same day as ours. As well as in the Chapel at 4pm an hour after our 3pm ceremony??

Not sure if she is on this site or what? but I dont know how to feel about ithuh.gif

I dont want to have our wedding rushed, b/c there is another wedding only an hour after ours... I was hoping to do cocktails outside of the chapel. Im assuming that wont be possible now, and our set up, probably going to get ripped down right after to set up for her day... I was really hoping to take a few pics in there before having everything come down...

I dont know?

How would you feelhuh.gif

also... I already contacted Sandra/ Landy about this, and said it wasnt a problem, they are more than one wedding co ordinator and can handle it...
I would be mad. Period. wtf.gif
BUT...we all knew this was a possibility when we signed up for a wedding at DT. I'm just hoping any other weddings on my day are earlier so I won't have to run into the other bride (s).
Sunbride is right. Ceremonies usually don't take but 20 minutes so I believe you will have plenty of time to do all the things you want to (except maybe the cocktail hour). AND THINK ABOUT THE POSITIVE THINGS.
By the time the "other" bride has her ceremony...it will have been a been there done that situation. Not to steal her thunder but you will have been the first, the one your guests/hotel guests see first and will be in awe. When people see the "other" bride it won't be as special because they would have already seen you!
Also, since she contacted you...maybe you guys can work together. Ask her to push back her ceremony by 30 minutes. It's a stretch, I know but who knows....maybe she is concerned about the time frame too and would agree to it. ALSO, you guys may want to go in on the ceremony decorations together so you could split the cost. Say...agree on using the same colors of flowers (maybe just all white) that once you use...you can leave behind for her ceremony. Her guests/ your guests won't know. And you can save $$$. Don't know if you've seen it but the chapel is beautiful. You don't need much to decorate it. I'm getting married there too.
And lastly, I know the WC won't rush your wedding. They wouldn't do it. They'd rather let the other ceremony start a little later than usual (sometimes that happens anyway, Mexico time remember?!) than to rush YOU.
Hope this helps. I know how you feel. I'm still waiting to hear if anyone else is getting married on my day too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get upset about the wedding happening right after yours...keep in mind that the ceremony only takes about 10 minutes - so that gives you plenty of time to take pics and move on to another location in this beautiful resort - it will work out nice for you - you will just have pics from other places around. monkey.gif

Dreamstbride, it will all work out. I totally understand how frustrating it was to hear it and how it sounds like it will mess everything up, but it won't. Like the other brides are saying, you will have sufficient time, and talking to the other bride about moving hers back a little might help. Also, the whole sharing the cost and increase decore would be awesome too!

Lastly, once you have been in there for 20 minutes at 3 pm, you will not want to be hanging out too much longer. It gets really really got in there, only one small window, so you will not want to spend too much time in there after the ceremoy.

I keep telling myself to relax and enjoy and not worry about this whole wedding thing. Whatever happens, Landy will make sure all of our weddings are just as we asked and even if something doesn't go exactly as planned, we will be the only ones that will know. Our guests won't, so, we just gotta go with it and enjoy it.

Thank you ladies! I knew you girls could calm me down! hahaha! :)

A lot of you are saying I will have plenty of time, so Im keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the timing all works out! As for decor, your probably right! If I talk to her there is a chance we could work something out! :) yay! Im getting excited again! no more nervous wreck!

Thanks again ladies! :)

One last quick question... Did they have a docking station for your i-pod to connect to the sound system? or is it easier to just burn a Cd?

Are you asking about the docking station for the ceremony or the reception?

I know they can set up a docking station where you will have your reception but not sure if they will set it up for you at the chapel.

The wedding guide says they take care of setting up a CD player during your ceremony and even offer a CD in case you forget to bring your own wedding music.

Can anyone tell me how many weddings they hold per day. What are the charges to rent one of the restaurants? If you don't care about having the whole restaurant to yourself will they let you just make a group reservation at one of the a la cartes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney View Post
Can anyone tell me how many weddings they hold per day. What are the charges to rent one of the restaurants? If you don't care about having the whole restaurant to yourself will they let you just make a group reservation at one of the a la cartes?
Have you tried reading other posts on this thread?! All the info you are looking for has been discussed here. Also, look at the wedding guide another bride posted on here a couple of weeks ago.
btw...3 weddings max per day, $750 to rent restaurants (but it varies on your package, # of guests) and you CAN make a reservation at the a la carte restaurants only if you have fewer than 20 guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Are you asking about the docking station for the ceremony or the reception?
I know they can set up a docking station where you will have your reception but not sure if they will set it up for you at the chapel.
The wedding guide says they take care of setting up a CD player during your ceremony and even offer a CD in case you forget to bring your own wedding music.
It was mainly for the reception... I know that during the ceremony they provide you with a cd player... I was hpoing to have music for the reception... but I didnt want to burn a cd with ALL the songs I have on my ipod... Just was hoping to make things easier on myself.... hahaha!!! :) :) :)