DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Thanks! As you can imagine, I'm getting very ansy. I wanna know more about reception centerpieces....what kind of table they will have for a group of about 55...renting lounge furniture...etc etc.
My mom wants to start buying stuff for the tables but since we don't know how many it will be I tell her to hold off. She says "just ask your WC"! If she only knew it takes forever and a day (that's if you're lucky!) for them to get back to you!
hey there...haven't been on in awhile and had lots of pages to catch up on - you ladies have been busy! anyway, just wanted to mention that i'm heading down next month for a site visit and i've got PAGES of questions...and I'm happy to add any one else's if you'd like to get answer. of course i know we all want our answers in writing, but until the time gets close enough for Landy to answer emails, word of mouth answers might put you at ease. so shoot them over if you like...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy706 View Post
Can't Wait- let us know what they say (when you hear!) about lounge furniture and centerpieces!!
My wedding is a week after yours! It used to feel so far away... not anymore- YIPES!!!
Can u believe it !?!?!? cheer2.gif
It's exciting but I'm also starting to get stressed. I used to think..."November is soooo far away, I have plenty of time". Um, no.

So I'm putting together a list of questions and will email Landy tomorrow. From past experience, I don't expect a response for a week or two, nor a complete response (for some reason they always only answer some questions, not all). Still, I'd like to see if I can get a response from them so I can start working on centerpieces ( I wonder if you rent them there ?) .
Also, I'm looking at hiring DJ Mania (thanks to great comments from other brides on this forum) and considering renting white lounge furniture to put around the dance floor. I have all these ideas, just need to know how much $$$$ before I go overboard!

I'll post any new info I get as soon as I get it! Promise!!!

Ok!!! am I allowed to be madhuh.gif?

Another Dreams Tulum Bride contacted me on our wedding website to let me know that her wedding will be the exact same day as ours. As well as in the Chapel at 4pm an hour after our 3pm ceremony??

Not sure if she is on this site or what? but I dont know how to feel about ithuh.gif

I dont want to have our wedding rushed, b/c there is another wedding only an hour after ours... I was hoping to do cocktails outside of the chapel. Im assuming that wont be possible now, and our set up, probably going to get ripped down right after to set up for her day... I was really hoping to take a few pics in there before having everything come down...

I dont know?

How would you feelhuh.gif

also... I already contacted Sandra/ Landy about this, and said it wasnt a problem, they are more than one wedding co ordinator and can handle it...

well since your ceremony will only last about 20 minutes, you should still have time for photos inside as well as a toast, and then let's say clear the area 15 minutes before the other girl's ceremony starts.

I'm sure they will be using exactly the same set-up for both (except taking away any special items you brought yourself) seeing as there would be so little time to re-decorate.

Try not to worry about it. These are the types of things we worry about in advance, but in the end say it was such a waste to worry! Worse case scenrio you will do your photos and toast elsewhere, there is so many other beautiful places on the resort. I am sure it will all work out and your day will still be very special, even if there is another wedding right after yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannmartin View Post
Morning Ladies,

I'm wondering if anyone has contacted the inhouse photographer to receive samples of their work? If so, would you mind sharing?
I'm just wondering if its really worth $5000+ to bring in our own photographer.
Thanks so much ladies!

Here is the answer from the last time the question was asked, a few weeks ago, it is a compilation of answers from when it was previously asked, a few weeks before that (very popular question obviously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008
LisaG used the resort photographer and her pics are very beautiful. Here is a link she posted in another thread about the Dreams photog...
Shutterfly | View Shared Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008
donandcorri used the resort photog as well....
Dreams Tulum Wedding 11/23/2007 Review - Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride
email the photographer and he'll send you some samples. He's email address is in the info guide (but I'll look it up and post it here) filepictour@hotmail.com

I emailed him and he sent me like 40 samples, and I was pleasantly surprised, there were a few I didn't like, but a lot of great ones, all in all better than I was expecting for a resort photographer.

but you have other options, you don't have to fly a photographer there with you (I did because it was a better value for me when you add TTD and some photos of the family the rest of the week). Look in the rest of the MR forum and there is lots of discussion about local photographers (my first choice before I decided to bring my own was claudia rodriguez).

If you go to this thread: List of Dreams Tulum brides there is a list of all brides, plus for the ones already married there are links to their reviews and photos so that you don't have to do a search to try to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait!
I agree with Sunbride! I saw several samples of the resort photog's work and was pleasantly surprised. Enough so, we are sticking with them since it's part of the ultimate wedding package we are getting. Plus, they are always on site so if you want to hire them the day after your wedding for your TTD (like we are) you can!

Those links aren't working, but if you go to the link below to where that answer comes from, you'll be able to see the links.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-60#post375243

Also Iowachikss just got back recently and used the resort photographer, her photos are here: Iowachik22's photos

Just to add, bringing your own photographer doesn't have to cost 5000$+. It cost me only 2500$!!! (that was a steam, although I've heard of others paying the same or less. I think 3000$+ is a more reasonable price to assume as a starting point). If you bring a photographer who is newer at destination weddings you should be able to get a good price (travel costs plus smaller photographer fee).

Or if you go with a photographer from the MR area there are many in the + or - 2000$ range (I was planning on getting Claudia Rodriguez for 1800-2200$ for 3-5 hours. Her team is all very very good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
Ok!!! am I allowed to be madhuh.gif?

Another Dreams Tulum Bride contacted me on our wedding website to let me know that her wedding will be the exact same day as ours. As well as in the Chapel at 4pm an hour after our 3pm ceremony??

Not sure if she is on this site or what? but I dont know how to feel about ithuh.gif

I dont want to have our wedding rushed, b/c there is another wedding only an hour after ours... I was hoping to do cocktails outside of the chapel. Im assuming that wont be possible now, and our set up, probably going to get ripped down right after to set up for her day... I was really hoping to take a few pics in there before having everything come down...

I dont know?

How would you feelhuh.gif

also... I already contacted Sandra/ Landy about this, and said it wasnt a problem, they are more than one wedding co ordinator and can handle it...
I'm sure it would work out but I hear you. i would be mad too. I dont like how they dont tell you these things. I have no idea what the timing is of the other weddings on my day but I think there are 1 or 2 others! Sandra promised me I'd get the places I wanted at the time I wanted but (especially now that its Landy who may or may not be aware of the promises from Sandra) I'm worried about all of that. Regardless, your wedding will be beautiful and there are plenty of places to toast, and take pics etc. I just hope not to be bumping elbows with other brides all day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Can u believe it !?!?!? cheer2.gif
It's exciting but I'm also starting to get stressed. I used to think..."November is soooo far away, I have plenty of time". Um, no.

So I'm putting together a list of questions and will email Landy tomorrow. From past experience, I don't expect a response for a week or two, nor a complete response (for some reason they always only answer some questions, not all). Still, I'd like to see if I can get a response from them so I can start working on centerpieces ( I wonder if you rent them there ?) .
Also, I'm looking at hiring DJ Mania (thanks to great comments from other brides on this forum) and considering renting white lounge furniture to put around the dance floor. I have all these ideas, just need to know how much $$$$ before I go overboard!

I'll post any new info I get as soon as I get it! Promise!!!
AWESOME! Cant wait to hear your response. I just recently decided to use DJ Mania as well. Not sure if you'll be back in time to give a review on them before I leave but I can't wait to hear. BTW, Can't Wait, what day do you leave Dreams Tulum? I'm arriving on 11/30. Will you still be therehuh.gif

Speaking of brides contacting you personally, yesterday I got a bunch of emails from a Dreams Tulum brides with links to her photo albums on snapfish. I have no idea who it is or how they got my email address (it was a mass email). The only thing I can think is that when Sandra sent out her big general email to all March/April brides (you will all get a similar email a month or two before your wedding) she didn't BCC, so everyone saw everyone's email addresses and people were writing to eachother (I had sent an email to everyone letting them know about this forum and inviting them to join our thread). So maybe it's one of those brides, although it would be a little bit late, as all those weddings were in March/ early April.

So maybe it is somebody from here that has got email address somehow? Can't remember the girl's name.

Two things...

If anyone has time and wants to help out: Look at my website and let me know if I am missing anything or any suggestions are welcome. You might notice I cut and pasted some info from a few of your websites. Thanks in advance!

Second about PHOTOGRAPHY. I think this is a touchy subject because the costs are such a wide range and can add up to double the cost of our wedding. First I think you have to prioritize your budget, where on your list does photography fall? Secondly, you have to decide what kind of pictures you are looking for. If you just want clear, traditional pictures I think the resort photographer looks like a great decision, financially and reliability wise. I am personally looking for a photojournalist approach to my photog which is where the expense is occurred in my opinion. With the equipt. today, it isn't too difficult to get clear photos... I am pretty good myself. BUT... if you want your pictures to tell a story you need to have a photographer that has creativity, a good eye and can work in the moment. I decided I wanted photojournalism bc a lot of friends/family cannot make it and I want something to take back to them and that will make them feel like they were there! I am still working on my final decisions... but I hope this reasoning helps a little!