DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Sunbride-

Thanks for the repost of your earlier post with your Newsletter. I downloaded it and am using it as a template for my newsletter. You've been a tremendous source of information and I know all of us new DT brides really appreciate all of your hard work.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquetayloca View Post
I talked to a TA today... I AM GETTING QUOTES! YAY!!! has anyone else been able to get prices this early (13 months)huh.gif I thought rates werent out yet.

Heres the quotes I got...
6 nights 5/22 - 5/28/09 including everything inclusive on the resort, all
taxes, and roundtrip transfers to/from the resort: Gardenview deluxe room

2 adults - $1850
2 adults and a 3 year old - $2350

3 nights 5/23 - 5/26/09 including everything inclusive on the resort, all

2 adults - $1000
2 adults, 3 and 10 year olds - $1600

It seems reasonable to me. THis is only for the resort.
That seems about right.

We are staying 7 nights for $1800- that includes roundtrip transfers to and from the airport to the resort.
Of course my rates are for 2008 though. Considering prices go up a little each year your rates for '09 seems right on.

From my experience, the rates I got from my TA and apple vacations were in general much higher than just going on to websites like travelocity and orbitz. I booked on orbitz: nonstop flight, transfers, 14 nights in upgraded jr. suite all for $1600 (for Dec 0cool.gif. My guests who are staying for just 7 nights are paying $900 for the above. I would definitely take a look at these sites before booking with an agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquetayloca View Post
I talked to a TA today... I AM GETTING QUOTES! YAY!!! has anyone else been able to get prices this early (13 months)huh.gif I thought rates werent out yet.

Heres the quotes I got...
6 nights 5/22 - 5/28/09 including everything inclusive on the resort, all

2 adults - $1850
2 adults and a 3 year old - $2350

3 nights 5/23 - 5/26/09 including everything inclusive on the resort, all

2 adults - $1000

2 adults, 3 and 10 year olds - $1600

It seems reasonable to me. THis is only for the resort.
Hum... they are charging you for the kidshuh.gif?
Kids under 12 are free at Dreams Tulum (as always) You only need to pay for the flight for all children under 12. (Maximum 2 kids per room/ with 2 adults)

i was told kids under 12 are only free during the off season and none of the suppliers my TA is working with can find a way around this for high season (Jan) wedding. i may try to finagle something when i'm down there for my site visit...will let you all know how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bride View Post
Hi ladies! I am new to the site but my fiance and I are planning our wedding for April 25th, 2009 at Dreams Tulum. I was wondering if anyone has done "message in a bottle" invitations and who you went through. Please let me know if anyone has had any luck with someone through internet orders. Thanks!
Welcome to the DT brides thread! I'm going to add you to our bride list on the other thread. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t14762

You might bet better luck with an answer to your question in the General Wedding Information forum since it's not a question specific to our resort. Specifically try the Invitations, STDs, photos & website subforum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBlake View Post
Has anyone used EL Patio for their reception? If so, please post pics. This is the one I reserved and I have no idea what it looks like. Seaside Grill is already reserved. Thanks for your help!
I thought I had taken lots of photos of everything, but turns out I didn't! the only photo I took of El Patio was taken from across the pool so you only get an idea of the outside of the building.

Click the image to open in full size.

My photographer did take a picture of one of the tables.

Click the image to open in full size.

I think the location would be great for dinner, it's quite similar to the seaside grill, maybe a little less formal but I'm sure they will do up your tables really nice for a wedding dinner in which case you wouldn't even see a difference between the two restaurants. They will probably bring in bigger tables (they brought in a nice huge rectangular table for our dinner at seaside grill, the regular tables were round) And I love the idea of having mexican food on your wedding night, goes well with the theme of a DW!

I was hoping to have our reception outside on the patio near the beach. I guess I was a bit confused. Maybe I should have it on the beach instead and rent a dance floor! Any suggestions from those who have been there? Keep in mind that the Seaside grill is already reserved!

I just emailed Sandra for more pictures. Does anyone know what location the picture on their website is? I don't know why I'm freaking out about this now! On one good note, I finished my save the dates and hope to get them in the mail tomarrow!

Alright ladies, so I finally got some rates on rooms from my TA. Now these prices are ROOMS only, so we will still have to include airfare, but I wanted to see what you guys thought & if the prices seem reasonable or if I should discuss it further with them or look through other travel sources? BTW, our wedding is on Dec. 7th, so she tried to guess which dates would be most popular for travel by our guest.

Dec 6 - 10 (4 nights):

Deluxe Garden ROOM DREAMS Tulum

Jr. Suite Garden (25% larger and newer room)

Single - $816

Single - $1,516

Double - $556

Double - $776

Triple - $552

Triple - $772

Kids (2 to 12) - $40

Kids (2 to 12) - $40

** Kids under 2 are completely free ** Kids under 2

are completely free

Dec 6 - 13 or 4 -11 (7 nights):

Deluxe Garden ROOM DREAMS

Single - $1,400

Single - $2,625

Double - $945

Double - $1330

Triple - $938

Triple - $1323

Kids (2 to 12) - $42

Kids (2 to 12) - $42

are completely free

Dec 6 - 11 (5 nights):

Deluxe Garden ROOM DREAMS

Single - $1,010

Single - $1,885

Double - $685

Double - $960

Triple - $680

Triple - $955

Kids (2 to 12) - $40

Kids (2 to 12) - $40

are completely free

I also wondered what you brides did on "holding" the rooms?? I know that it requires a $100.00 deposit to keep the rooms on hold & i just got my STD's out this Friday, so am sure my guests aren't ready to make that deposit yet... Did any of you put that deposit down yourself for all the rooms & then have the $ reimbursed to you once the started booking or what would you guys recommend??

Thanks ahead of time for all the help,

Laura smile03.gif