Iberostar Punta Cana/Dominicana

I was thinking of doing the Steakhouse for our wedding supper.  I've always envisioned supper under the moonlight on the beach...so I think that is close.  Also, I bought a bunch of chinease paper lanterns with battery LED lights that I will see if I can get hung in or around the steahouse where we are sitting.  I haven't seen too many pictures of it so I don't know if that will work.  But,,I'm thinking with the steakhouse, there wouldn't be an area to do a "first dance".  We will probably have just under 20 people, so I feel I should keep it pretty casual. 

Venus - are you getting the trio to play as you walk down the aisle or are you using your Ipod and thier speakers to play your own music??  I had thought I wanted to have recorded music play as I walk down the aisle, but I don't know if that will work or if the trio would be better.

How did you choose what flowers, cake design, etc you wanted??  Did Yoselina give you choices?  She just sent me a couple pictures, but not too many choices.  I was talking to a girl who just got married there and she sent her the cake she wanted and that was what she got (but she did have 100 ppl).  I am hoping I can just send a picture of a cake I want and flowers I want.

As for photographer, I booked Micheal Weiler from Caribbean Emotions.  I looked into a few others - I first was going to go with HDC.  Micheal does really nice work and his prices are reasonable.  I didn't look into the resort photographer too much thought.

I'll try to keep posting info I acquire on here.  Venus - will you as well??  And any other Iberostar brides?  I find it hard to find wedding info for this resort.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Terilina,

I'll definitely post any information that I find along the way, sometimes it can be hard to find details so anything I can do to help others out.

As of right now, this is the process I've gone through:

- I confirmed the date & time of the wedding with Yoselina for Jan 11 @ 4pm

- completed the form she gave me which had questions about flowers (tropical), cake (vanilla), music (trio), restaurant (steak house), photographer package (no), # of guests (45)

For the ceremony I'm using the trio because I thought it would be nice to have more of a local feel since we are doing a destination wedding, then for the reception & meal I will be bringing my own playlists with ipod & docking station (many brides on this forum had recommended the bose system as the best for outside use). Now I still have to figure out the logistics of the dance with Yoselina but I was hoping that if I reserve the whole restaurant we can use that & surrounding area for our party.

Unfortunately cause I will have several kids under 16 I can't use the disco cause they wouldn't be allowed in and we want to include them in the party. Yoselina said they do have a spot which we can use for the first dance, but I need to clarify this further with her about what that would look like.

That's good to know about the cake, I hadn't even thought about sending a picture & having them make it, but I'll definitely try it. Honestly I'm not too picky about the cake, flowers, decorations, but the lanterns is definitely a good idea, especially if they're battery powered.

And Finally the photographer, I had requested information from Caribbean Emotions but have yet to hear anything back from them, I have received info back from the other place, Jorge Allocco (information attached). Have you checked with Yoselina yet about bringing in an outside photographer? I heard a few people mention that they had to pay the hotel an additional fee cause they weren't using the hotel photographer...

JorgeAllocco Photographer Prices.pdf

39973_603348003962_36101930_34536659_582149_n.jpg

This is a picture of the wedding cake that another Iberostar PC bride had.  She had 100 ppl.  She said that she brought the seashells and gave them to the WC.

40096_603344770442_36101930_34536480_5087376_n.jpg

This picture also came from the same Iberostar bride who had 100 guests.  I love the look of this!  It's nice to have the feel of being married on the beach but with the privacy of the hut.

NIK_7451.jpg

Here is a picture that Yoselina sent me.  I think I would like something like this for my flowers.

flowers4-1.jpgValerieandJeremyWedding16.jpg

I might see if they could do something like either of these.  Might not be able to do the blue or green flowers though.

Let me know if you find out anything about the music/reception at the steakhouse.  I wonder if they would have speakers in the steakhouse already?  It would be awesome if there was an area to dance there.

Thanks for sharing your info!!  Really helps!  I haven't sent the form back to yoselina yet, I probably should get that back to her soon and then figure out the details later.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi ladies,

I may be late but hopeffuly one of you will see this. I'm highly considering having my wedding Ibeostar in Punta Cana (september 2014 , may change), read so many good reviews. Im interested in knowing your expiriences and if you can share some pictures, give me any advice.

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I too am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding with Iberostar in Punta Cana for May, 2014 but am using a representative from Destination Weddings who is initiating my contact with the resort.   We were able to attend a webinar for Iberostar which stated I could build my wedding a la carte versus having to decide on one of the three wedding packages offered so that we can tailor our wedding.  When we brought this up, we had difficulty receiving a response from the resort other than a la carte is not offered contradictory to what Iberostar's webinar stated.  Without further explanation we decided to move ahead and choose one of the wedding packages offered.   Needless to say, communication with the resort is a bit difficult.   Regardless, my fiance and I stayed at Grand Bavaro in March this year and loved it, and have no doubt our decision to have our wedding at Iberostar Punta Cana is perfect for us.  We are now trying to pin down the location of our wedding ceremony as we are wanting to have it on the beach but understand it will not be a secluded ceremony from folks at the resorts.

I am learning there are other costs such as photographer, additional flowers and other items that are not part of our package.  If anyone has any helpful hints or suggestions as far as what to expect or keep in mind when planning a wedding at Iberostar, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Just wondering how your planning is going at iberostar punta cana? I'm booking for match 2014 but I've had some trouble getting all the info I want. Do you happen to know if the steak house has a dance floor area? Also I was wondering how you attended a webinar, I'd really like to do that too. Hope you don't mind me asking! If you'd rather email me my email is ST75 @ hotmail . Com. Sarah