Mrs D To Be!'s Moon Palace Review - 05-28-10

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
Wow. Amazing review, so detailed! I'm so happy for you that I had the wedding of your dreams!

Questions: was the beach as bad as everyone thinks?? I'm just picturing it being really hideous and it's making me sooooo nervous.

Which menu did u choose for your reception?

Can't wait to see pics!!
The beach really isn't that bad...we didn't go in the sea, but we did go to the beach to sunbath, and we did get pictures taken on the beach. I've quickly changed my signature picture to one of the beach shots after the wedding. I tried to downside some of my pictures of the beach to put on this thread, put they aren't coming out too good. But honestly, I didn't hear anyone moan about the beach. Don't get me wrong, its nothing like the beach at the hotel zone, but no-where near as bad as people say. The tractor goes up and down a few times during the day clearing the weed, but its natural, so whatelse can be done about it? I've seen some people, on trip advisor, say there was rubbish as well as weed at the MP beach...load of rubbish I say!! You just can't please everyone! And with the number of pools at MP, I honestly don't see how you couldn't be happy...and you always have the option to get the shuttle bus up to the hotel zone beach...the hotel zone beaches are busier...and you'll love going back to quiet MP! :)

Fab review - Love to read reviews of brides from the UK, toally agree with the weight issues with taking all these fantastic things over there! I was thinking the same as you, oh i can do this DIY project etc etc but then it costs alot and the weight just wont work!

Shame to hear a bad review of TC, heard they werent good but unfortunately to keep costs as low as poss we had to go with them too! Was you allowed your dress + a bag or was it very strict? Was your dress badly creased from bein boxed? Did you box yourself or did the bridal shop?

(sorry for so many questions!) xx

fabulous review! i am going to print to show my H2B! love it! do you have any pics we can see?

i have a question about the time of your wedding.. how hot was it? we're getting married at 4pm on the beach and we're not slightly concerned about the heat and considering changing to a gazebo for the shade. but i really wanted to get married on the sand, but i just can't make my mind up! haha! help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Fab review - Love to read reviews of brides from the UK, toally agree with the weight issues with taking all these fantastic things over there! I was thinking the same as you, oh i can do this DIY project etc etc but then it costs alot and the weight just wont work!

Shame to hear a bad review of TC, heard they werent good but unfortunately to keep costs as low as poss we had to go with them too! Was you allowed your dress + a bag or was it very strict? Was your dress badly creased from bein boxed? Did you box yourself or did the bridal shop?

(sorry for so many questions!) xx
Hi, I only took the dress box, and hubby had a backpack sigh all our paperwork, money, laptop, phones, camera and camcorder in it...his backpack wad sooo heavy but luckily they didn't weigh it...you are supposed to keep below 5kg but his bag was just over 7...luckily we got away with it!

I took the dress into the bridal store before I bought it and made sure it fitted in the box before buying it...it was tight, because of the boning in the dress it didn't close right bur I just taped it down. I got the bridal store to put it in the box when I went to collect it, the dress was raw silk and wasn't creased at all - I was soo suprised! I got it dry cleaned after the TTD at le blanc, and folded it back in the box myself...it is very creased now but I think that's more to do with being cleaned, it was actually really easy to get in the box. Btw, noone checked the dimensions of the box...I got it in a very bridally pearl colour so I guess people knew straightaway what it was! The amount of attention that box got from other passengers was unreal...ppl were soo nice!