Photo

Photographer in DR

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PuntaCanaNikki

PuntaCanaNikki
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

I am wondering if it is better to bring a photographer with me which will cost alot more but will get alot more... or should I just get the photographer from the hotel??

I really am a picture fanatic and I'm all about capturing the moment. I just really don't want to make a decision I am going to regret.

Did anyone use the photographer at Grand Palladium Do you have a review??

Thanks bunches
    ~Nikki~

#2 jenngene2011

jenngene2011
    • 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Depending on your budget and how important pictures are to you should determine if you will go with the house photographer or another. I'm not that big pictures however my soon to husband and my sisters are very big on them. Both my sisters work in the fashion industry (makeup artist and stylist) and told me that pictures are very important so I did some research and found a great photographer Photosouvenir in Punta Cana ther work looks really good and even other brides have loved them. They are pricey however it is worth it.

I also tried to look for a photographer here in the states that I can bring over however it would have cost me $6,000+ really not worth it.

Hope this helps.
      Jennifer & Eugene - May 7,2011 Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic

#3 BeachBrideSoon

BeachBrideSoon
      • 193 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Hi Nikki,
        Check out Phil Steingard. He is based out of Ontario but depending on when you get married he may already be down there (he shoots tons of weddings in the DR) and you can share him with other brides which would reduce your cost. He would only charge you for the cost of the package and he will cover his transportation if he's going down for a few weddings. Again, I guess it all depends on your budget. Check him out, I love his work! Phil Steingard Studios
        BeachBrideSoon

#4 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

If you dont love the pictures from the hotel look else were. I was not really impressed with photographers down in the DR so I contacted a bunch in nj that I loved there work. Yes one or two of the photographers were quoting $6000 or more but one of them was very reasonable (just a bit more than a local DR photographer for the amount of coverage) and I loved her work. In the end I am so happy with my decision and just love all my pictures (all 1,000 plus of them!), I had to bump up the budget for photography a bit but saved in other areas.

#5 jkgirl83

jkgirl83
          • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hi Nikki,
            I would also recommend Phil Steingard, he photographed my friends wedding in the DR and is super talented. Another option is his nephew Michael Steingard, as you can see from my siggy he is my photographer and his work is also amazing! From what I have seen online for some of the DR photographers I felt I was getting a better deal using the Steingards. I love their style of photography, and you get a lot more pictures for not all that much more money. Good luck with your decision!

#6 sarah15

sarah15
            • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

Nikki,

I would recommend Frank Panaro Photography Does great work but prices are anywhere from $2500 and up for photography only. He is excellent and did my wedding. He has apackage for day for $3000.00 which is what I received.
              He was with us for 7-8 hours. We received about 1100 good useable images. He did a great job. I cried when I saw the photos as he has a ability to capture true real moments throughout the day. The Best !!!!
              Website is www.frankpanarophotography.com
              Does alot of weddings in caribbean including Punta Cana.

My advice is be very careful who you select to document your wedding day memories.
              Get best you can within budget or expand budget to get what is needed as memories like that should only be trusted to a well experienced photographer.

Best of luck in your serach.

Sarah

#7 PuntaCanaNikki

PuntaCanaNikki
              • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jenngene2011
                Depending on your budget and how important pictures are to you should determine if you will go with the house photographer or another. I'm not that big pictures however my soon to husband and my sisters are very big on them. Both my sisters work in the fashion industry (makeup artist and stylist) and told me that pictures are very important so I did some research and found a great photographer Photosouvenir in Punta Cana ther work looks really good and even other brides have loved them. They are pricey however it is worth it.

I also tried to look for a photographer here in the states that I can bring over however it would have cost me $6,000+ really not worth it.

Hope this helps.

Who is the photographer??

How pricey we talking because it will cost me like 4-5 thousand to bring my own photographer with me.

#8 picturetime

picturetime
                • Banned
                • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi i am Professional Photographer living at Punta Cana...

in my expirience i have done more than 300 Weddings allready!

You can chek out my work in my Web Page....KALAPHOTOGRAPHY

www.kalaphotography.com

Contact me for more infromation and prices, and packages.

#9 picturetime

picturetime
                  • Banned
                  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hi i am Professional Photographer living at Punta Cana...

in my expirience i have done more than 300 Weddings allready!

You can chek out my work in my Web Page....KALAPHOTOGRAPHY

www.kalaphotography.com

Contact me for more infromation and prices, and packages.

#10 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
                    • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Julia Eskin or Katya Nova! Both Canadian living in Punta Cana (I know this is an old thread but if anyone looks at it, they might want the info!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users