Very excited, I just finished my first beach pillow case. I saw the idea on MarthaStewart.com and I just HAD to include them in our OOT bags. The hunt started with finding inflatable pillows. Thanks to this wonderful forum I was able to find inflatable pillows. This is the thread, it also has pictures of the inflatable pillows:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...re-find-58843/

Next I needed to find fabric. I went to fabricland a bunch of times, turns out terry coth is expensive, $12 a meter and even more for the good stuff. I returned again and again debating if I could use a cheaper material. Then one day I went in and they had stretch terry cloth on sale for $4 a meter. Has a little gold in it, which I wasn't thrilled about, but...I did the math, I could get 4 pillow cases out of a meter.... $1 a pillow case, SOLD! I bought all they had left, 7 meters.

Then it was time to start sewing. I bought a starter sewing machine at walmart as I am a huge crafter and love all things DIY.

You can find the sewing instructions and my inspriration here: http://www.marthastewart.com/good-th...ry-cloth-cases

I was able to hem the edges of the opening and one side. Then trouble started and my machine was jamming like crazy. I gave up for now and am waiting for a friend to come over and help me. So I finished the last side by hand. I am happy to say you really can't tell part was done by hand.

I love how my little pillow case came out!!!!!

Last but not least, here are the pictures :)

Front of the pillow

Click the image to open in full size.

Back fo the pillow

Click the image to open in full size.

Now a bunch more to go!

This is a great idea and can definitely see folks using them on the beach or by the pool. I wish I was crafty with a sewing machine... Great job!

Did you know how to sew when you started? I haven't sewn since 8th grade home ec. Is this a project a beginner could do? Thanks for posting, they look awesome!