Photo

Honeymooning in Jamaica?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

So I thought I'd see what everyone is planning for their honeymoons... I know a lot of you are staying in Jamaica after your wedding, so I was wondering where people were going. We're spending an extra week in Negril, split between the beach and the cliffs. First stop is going to be Sunset at the Palms, and then we're off to The Caves!

What are you all doing?

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

I went to Ocho Rios and stayed at Couples, it was nice and simple. We slept a lot, ate good food, and had a lot of good drinks. The staff was excellent and it is a smaller resort so we liked that. Good luck, it sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun...can I recommend trying not to make too many plans for your honeymoon, as you will honestly be so tired you will just want to hang with your new hubby. My hubby did not want to make plans and I was annoyed at first, but once we got there I was so happy that we could just go as we pleased.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

I think we're staying at the RIU in Ocho Rios for a couple days after we get married (for a total of 11 days there), so we'll have some time on our own to relax after our guests leave. We're postponing our actual honeymoon til the next September. We really want to go to Italy, so think we'll do that a couple months after the wedding.

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

We are also thinking of going to Jamaica on our honeymoon (after our wedding in PV). This is if we can take the additional time off work. I haven't looked into resorts or even areas much yet. We will definitely go at some point tho ~ I've been dying to go there for quite sometime! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

We left Mexico and went to Ocho Rios and stayed at the Riu for 7 days. We didn't make any plans either and are glad we didn't because after the wedding/entertaining guests in Mexico we sooooo needed quiet us time. We spent 10 hours a day in the ocean and/or pool. It was glorious. Christine is so right. Do nothing at least 3 days and just enjoy each other. We became best friends all over again, you're spirit will thank you :o)

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            We became best friends all over again, you're spirit will thank you :o)
            Awwwwww, Jamy I love that!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 pouchie

pouchie
            • 189 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

We aren't honeymooning in Jamaica. We decided to go to the resort a week before we get married to organize all the small things. We didn't want to be stressed the week all our guests fly in. We have a few other couples going a week early as well so it won't be just the two of us but we are planning a honeymoon for July after our reception back home.

#8 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

I'm really wanting to honeymoon at Couples Swept Away!

#9 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

we'll be at the Riu Ocho Rios for 4 days after the wedding!
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                  • 679 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

We are going to Riu Ocho Rios from Wednesday-Monday. Then we are switching to Couples Swept Away for a week. I wanted to be at a couples only resort for the honeymoon. I can't wait!!!
                    Brittney & Peter
                    July 12, 2008
                    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users