Originally Posted by Shauna253
I have a few questions:
- Does the Blue Moon Music Bar or Lobby bar have anything going on after 10:30 at night (ie. live music or anything)? I'm wanting to put in to my welcome book itinerary where guests are to go after the wedding reception. And which is which? I'm assuming the lobby bar is the one with the black and white tiled floor and the music bar is the purple one? Any info on either of them would be great.
- For your notarized documents did you simply have them stamped anywhere on the photocopy or was there some specific requirements that you were provided. The lawyer that I am having notarize mine has said that countries usual have specific requiremtns (ie. stamp directly on the face, etc.)
- Do the reception tables have table cloths that touch the floor or do they need to be ordered seperately?
- If you had your ceremony on the beach, was the sand fairly packed down? My bridesmaids are wearing stiletto's and don't want to wear bare feet:).
- The coordinator has said that the round tables only sit 8 people, however I have seen photos of tables set for 10 people. Do you know if there are 10 person tables?
- What exactly is involved in the saturday night beach party? I was thinking of doing a beach bonfire on the Friday but don't want to pay for one if they can get the same thing the next night.
Any input and even a review of your wedding would be awesome!
I got married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in December of 2012. We had 65 friends and family join us and everyone had a blast. If you have any questions or want to see pictures of anything let me know. I'll answer your questions as best as possible.
1) Depending on what day you have your reception will depend on what is happening at the different bars. There is always SOMETHING going on. We had our rehersal dinner and had everyone go to the blue moon bar afterwards. When we were there they just had music playing but the night before it was karaoke and the night before that there was a band. The blue Moon bar is purple with a balcony and stage and the lobby bar is in the lobby, smaller and has a blacony as well. The Lobby bar is very chill and sometimes has live bands playing but if you have a bigger group I would have them meet at the Blue Moon Bar.
2) Can't answer your questions on notorized stuff. My husband and I went to the court house one random Sunday morning and made it legal at home about 2 months before we went. It was our own little secret and we can't even remember the day we went. We didn't even bring rings. We just wanted to not have any problems with getting a marriage license so we did it in the states. My friend got married in Jamaica and they lost the paperwork and it took her forever to get everything taken care of. It scared me so we didn't do it that way.
3) I can't remember if the table clothes touched the floor but the set up was very nice. We used the white linen ones and it looked wonderful. I think I have a picture of our table set up if you want to see it. We had our reception at Aunt Ruby's steakhouse. I'm not sure if the set ups are different depending on where you have your recption.
4) I got married on the beach but I was in flip flops and so was my husband and groomsmen. I had shoes for my bridesmaids but day of we all thought it was better if they just walked barefoot. The sand is packed but I'm not sure heels are the way to go. Even packed they are going to get their heels caught in the sand. Most of our guests wore flip flops too. My friend who wore wedges was very uncomfortable walking in the sand and eventually took off her shoes.
5) We had anywhere from 7 - 10 people at a table. I think 8 is more comfortable but you could do 10. We had the round tables at Aunt Rubys.
6) The beach party has a bon fire and a fire dancer but it is a show more than a hangout. After our dinner rehersal (it was on a saturday) we went to the blue moon bar and then people ventured to the beach party. Instead of being active everyone was sitting in a chair, watching the show. We are a more active group and eventually left and went back to the lobby bar to drink and hang out. It was entertaining but if you want to socialize with your guests I would recommend having a private party bon fire party.
hope it's helpful. let me know if you have anymore questions.