Photo

Are children usually counted as "persons" in the "per person" count?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 selassie11

selassie11
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

Just curious while I wait for an official answer from my WP, are children usually counted in the "per person" count? I have 4 children under the age of 6 attended and wondering if I should be adding them to my count.

#2 tracy0716

tracy0716
    • 431 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

I put them in our head count but added the number of children and their ages. Most resorts have a cut off age for counting as an adult. For example, we have a 2 year old and 4 year old attending. The 2 year old is free and the 4 year old is half price. I hope this helps!

#3 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
      • 265 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

I counted them but let the WC know that we have two children attending 3 and 10. I would count them but just say its for example 15 adults and 2 kids and give ages.

#4 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
        • 1,114 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

I didn't count them because there are 3 of them under 5 years old (the other is 7) and we were cutting it really close to paying an extra X amount for the next highest wedding package. They really don't eat, they are in the wedding party, so they don't need a seat, etc.
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#5 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
          • 340 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:29 AM

We have a non-sailing guest limit of 50 people. We aren't charged for children 7 and under, but they do count towards our limit. It all depends on your venue.

#6 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:04 AM

Many resorts I have seen charge kids at half the rate of adults for your wedding reception, etc.

#7 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
              • 188 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

Do children count at the restaurant? We are getting married at the RIU Ocho Rios and having our wedding dinner at Mammee Bay which cuts off at 50 guests. Anymore than 50 and we have to book the private restaurant (more $$$$). We are at 39 adults and 8 kids, 1 of which is under 2.

We don't know if they are counting the kids for dinner or not - do we have space for 11 more people or 3? I have 7 guests that are apparently waiting for the last minute deals and then will be booking which will put me over the 50 person limit...or maybe it won't.

Can anyone help?

#8 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
                • 188 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

just to add, the WC at that resort takes forever to get back via email and they don't have an answering machine. Frustrating.

#9 MDLady

MDLady
                  • 433 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

I let my resort know the number of adults and the number of children, as well as their ages. Children under 2 were not charged anything and children under 12 were charged 1/2 price for the dinner. That seems fair to me.

#10 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
                    • 188 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Our dinner was included in our package but we were charged full price per head for the kids at the reception.  I overlooked this charge because we were over the head count for the restaurant that we wanted to have dinner at and they didn't make a fuss over it.  I think it evened out in the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users