Photo

Turks & Caicos Brides...Script Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

Ladies who married in T&C were you allowed to use your own script? I have been looking through the pics on the TI blog and I noticed that in most shots the person performing the ceremony is the same at most of the resorts. Was wondering were you allowed to use your own script? I have mine written out not sure if I'll be allowed to use it...I hope so cause its personalized.

#2 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
    • 2,458 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

I don't see why you can't use your own. Maybe you can send an email to your WC and ask?
      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#3 kelly1214

kelly1214
      • 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

I used my own script... Rev Howell was wonderful though and I don't think I would've needed too. They had some stuff you could pick from but i'm picky and wanted certain scripture and the Irish Wedding Blessing read... So I brought the whole ceremony written out and he read it almost word for word. He minor stuff here and there but it was very approperiate and he was wonderful.

You don't have any worries if you write it out.

#4 Girasole

Girasole
        • 757 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

I agree with Kelly, Rev Howell did our wedding & he read right from the pages I brought which was nice...the funny thing is I put my full name in the vows (Christina) but my hubby told the Rev to call me Chrissy throughout the ceremony, made us both laugh a little the first time he did it.

Chrissy
          Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#5 Bronze8584

Bronze8584
          • 55 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

Pastor Coleby did our ceremony and he was great! We could pick from about 7 different ceremonies, but I added my own stuff, changed things, etc. I don't think there would be any problem with you using your own!

#6 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Thanks ladies! I have incorporated parts for everyone to participate that are very special to me so I wanted to be sure beforehand that I would have a chance at using my own script.

#7 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
              • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hi Bronze,

Congratulations on getting married!  I plan to get married in Turks & Caicos in October of this year (2011).  I was reffered to Pastor Coleby b/c i need an officiant.  I plan to get married on the public beach area of Leeward Bay.  Can you tell me how much Pastor Coleby charges?  Also, do you have a toll free number or email address for him?  I was referred to him by Brilliant Photography in T&C. Did he make the paperwork process easy for you?   Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Bronze8584 

Pastor Coleby did our ceremony and he was great! We could pick from about 7 different ceremonies, but I added my own stuff, changed things, etc. I don't think there would be any problem with you using your own!

#8 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
                • Vendor
                • 336 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

Pastor Colby's number is 649-231-6387 or 649-231-4276, he does not have a toll free number or an email contact. 

Hope that helps

Krys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users