I Really Need MIL Advice Please!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 mdb

• 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

Yes, I would not send this. Just try to stay out of it. You don't want it to be even more difficult when you have kids. If he is angry, he needs to talk to then. But then again, if they are miserable and don't want to come, you may not want them there anyway.

#32 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

It's great Kim that you and your FI have decided to put this behind you. It sounds like your FMIL has issues that neither you, or her family, can solve and more than likely this won't be the last time she says or does something hurtful. Only a professional can help her at this point. The best piece of advice I can give you is to ignore her and don't take anything she says personally, no matter how much it hurts. Your FI and your friends and family know and love the real you and you can take comfort in that knowledge. Accept her for the crazy-lady she is and learn to laugh at her ridiculous (and sad) behaviour. It always amazes me when people like her somehow manage to raise normal, well-adjusted, children (like your FI). Keep your chin up and stay strong!
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#33 KimmyD

• 351 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

All of you guys are amazing! Thanks so much for the great advice! I appreciate it so much. I don't even really know you guys and I feel like I have great firends who have my back!

Thanks Again!
        28 Booked + Bride & Groom
        78 Room Nights!

#34 rkingtx

• 82 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Don't let her issues stress you out. You can only control yourself and your feelings. You be happy so that you, you FI and guests will be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users