Jump to content

Photo

Spanish Speaking Ladies..


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#11 PVBride

PVBride
  • Jr. Member
  • 443 posts

    Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

    Thanks for the translations, Anny! Maybe I will add lemons to my tequila tasting table, since it would be "authentic!" Thanks for the input :)

    #12 anaderoux

    anaderoux
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,220 posts

      Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PVBride
      Thanks for the translations, Anny! Maybe I will add lemons to my tequila tasting table, since it would be "authentic!" Thanks for the input :)
      I say definitely add them!!
      you're welcome!!

      #13 edna

      edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

        Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PVBride
        Thanks for the translations, Anny! Maybe I will add lemons to my tequila tasting table, since it would be "authentic!" Thanks for the input :)

        Be sure you get the right "lemons" jaja everytime we ask for a lemon in USA we get a lime and backwards. Lemons in Mexico are the green small ones , I am attaching a picture:

        Stock Photo: Lime vs Lemon

        #14 PaulaV

        PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

          Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:13 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mora
          Be sure you get the right "lemons" jaja everytime we ask for a lemon in USA we get a lime and backwards. Lemons in Mexico are the green small ones , I am attaching a picture:

          Stock Photo: Lime vs Lemon
          Yes, the green ones will always be 'lemons' to me... here in the US I think they are actually keylimes.

          When I ask for them I have to say ... lemons, the green ones...

          #15 *JillD*

          *JillD*
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,112 posts

            Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

            ooh, ooh, ooh, I was going to post something about this the other day and forgot!! How do I say:

            Welcome family and friends


            Thank you very much for joining us in paradise.

            #16 anaderoux

            anaderoux
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,220 posts

              Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by jilly76
              ooh, ooh, ooh, I was going to post something about this the other day and forgot!! How do I say:

              Welcome family and friends


              Thank you very much for joining us in paradise.
              "Bienvenidos familia y amigos"

              "Gracias por acompa┬▒arnos al paraiso." or "Gracias por estar con nosotros en el paraiso."

              #17 PVBride

              PVBride
              • Jr. Member
              • 443 posts

                Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PaulaV
                Yes, the green ones will always be 'lemons' to me... here in the US I think they are actually keylimes.

                When I ask for them I have to say ... lemons, the green ones...
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mora
                Be sure you get the right "lemons" jaja everytime we ask for a lemon in USA we get a lime and backwards. Lemons in Mexico are the green small ones , I am attaching a picture:

                Stock Photo: Lime vs Lemon
                Thanks, girls! I was going to buy the yellow "lemons" :)

                #18 anaderoux

                anaderoux
                • Sr. Member
                • 3,220 posts

                  Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PVBride
                  Thanks, girls! I was going to buy the yellow "lemons" :)
                  hahahahahah really?

                  I didn't know lemons were limes there, well here in mexico we call them Limones and Limas

                  #19 *JillD*

                  *JillD*
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 5,112 posts

                    Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by anacgarcia
                    "Bienvenidos familia y amigos"

                    "Gracias por acompa┬▒arnos al paraiso." or "Gracias por estar con nosotros en el paraiso."

                    Perfect, thanks Anny!

                    #20 edna

                    edna
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 1,360 posts

                      Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:24 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by anacgarcia
                      hahahahahah really?

                      I didn't know lemons were limes there, well here in mexico we call them Limones and Limas
                      Yes I know its weird... but check it on, if you order a Corona in USA they will give you a "lemon wedge" but its a lime wedge in fact.. jajaj is so confusing but if you ask for the green ones they will bring limes and for us those are lemons.. JAJAJA so strange...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users