Photo

Crazy Proposal Night

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

We were engaged in a small beach town in Southern Michigan; my fianc©(Steve) had planned an amazing night at the best restaurant in town, complete with guest participation. We arrived at the restaurant and after a quick drink at the bar, were led to our table. After about 5 minutes, I hear a man calling my name and the next thing I see is a table of strangers holding up flashcards spelling out WILL YOU MARRY ME? I turn around and there, on his knee, holding out the most gorgeous ring, is my wonderful fianc©.
    We were staying at a cute little Bed and Breakfast...when we got back to the room there were 2 dozen red roses and a bottle of champagne.

Within 5 hours of our engagement we were at the ER. In all the excitement of the proposal, the ring, being a full size too small, was stuck and my finger was turning purple and became a little hard to bend. They tried everything to pull it off, ice, soap, jelly, elevation; unfortunately nothing worked and they had to cut the ring off. This only added to the most exciting night of my life!
    I am happy to say that the beautiful ring has been fixed and is comfortably displayed on my finger. I cannot wait to marry this man and start the next chapter of our life together.

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

What a cute way to propose. Glad your ring was able to be fixed and is no longer cutting off your circulation!
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 AishaB

AishaB
      • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

That is a wonderful story. Congratulations. You need to post a pic of your now infamous e-ring!
        BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#4 Mischaka

Mischaka
        • 969 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

wow!! lol so glad you were able to get it fixed. that's gonna be a great story to tell years to come. lol

#5 Cindy*

Cindy*
          • 2,655 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

What a great story. I am so glad to hear that they were able to fix your ring.

#6 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
            • 2,727 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

Wow that is a great story and definitely something you will remember and tell people forever...congratulations on your engagement and so glad to hear that your finger is doing well and your ring was able to get fixed.
              He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
              My Planning Thread

#7 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
              • 747 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

I'll post some pics tonight...should probably do some real work at work :) I'm just so wedding-obsessed right now..that every time I try to sign off..I get sucked in to someone else's post!

#8 MDLady

MDLady
                • 433 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

How very sweet. Congrats!!!!

#9 msglave

msglave
                  • 933 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

What a cute proposal. Glad they were able to save your ring! I can't wait to see a picture either.
                    The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#10 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
                    • 265 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

great story. glad you are ok and they were able to fix your ring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users