Photo

Price per room for your room blocks?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Smelikai

Smelikai
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

We're getting married at Fiesta Americana. Originally Susana had quoted us at $216 a night for a 15 room block. I called her today and said that I saw room rates on Expedia for $175. She said that they would match the lowest price. So she is looking into it, and I should know by tomorrow. I'll let you know what they end up being. So wherever you chose see if they can match prices :)
    -Meli

#12 jak27

jak27
    • 715 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Smelikai
      We're getting married at Fiesta Americana. Originally Susana had quoted us at $216 a night for a 15 room block. I called her today and said that I saw room rates on Expedia for $175. She said that they would match the lowest price. So she is looking into it, and I should know by tomorrow. I'll let you know what they end up being. So wherever you chose see if they can match prices :)
      -Meli
      Meli, just to let you know, I did the same thing with FA and matching what was available on Expedia, Travelocity, etc. Those travel sites are running at special with rates $15/night lower than my original block night, plus 25% off F&B at the hotel...so I challenged them to match it all. We negotiated and met in the middle, and got the room rates and not the F&B discount.

So they should work with you. It took a few days though, for the higher-up to make the call and craft the email!

#13 Smelikai

Smelikai
      • 48 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:20 AM

Hmmm good to know. I've never eben heard of discounts on F&B (that's food and beverage right)?

#14 jak27

jak27
        • 715 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Smelikai
          Hmmm good to know. I've never eben heard of discounts on F&B (that's food and beverage right)?
          Right, food & beverage...but the discount only applies to F&B at the hotel, and can't be used, for example, on reception food! So if guests book through Expedia, they could get 25% off their F&B at the hotel, so that's usually breakfast, lunches, snacks, room service, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users